Bonnet problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonnet problems

Hi, I've noticed after my engine mount installation (Hasport 62a all round except front which is 60a innovative) my bonnet wont close properly now. Was wondering whether the height of the engine has been lifted a little bit due to stiffer mounts? I'm trying to find out whats hindering the bonnet from closing properly. it shuts but its got like 0.5 cm gap extra on both sides of the fender and front of the bonnet. Mind you I also have a RRC intake manifold and have taken off my a/c bracket and hood holder and rod. Any ideas?

Norm

Try taking a look at the padding on the underside of the bonnet for any indentations from whatever has been stopping it from closing properly.

Or if worse comes to worst you could unclip and remove the padding all together. Not ideal but could be a possible solution.

Comment

erm, doubt your idea about the stiffer mounts raising the engine has any basis...

look for an errant tool or something...
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        erm, doubt your idea about the stiffer mounts raising the engine has any basis...

look for an errant tool or something...
        Yeap do this, I once left a socket wrench on my valve cover, then couldn't figure out what was keeping the bonnet up.

Slammed the bonnet shut only to discover a wrench sized dent protruding from the underside of the bonnet.

A new bonnet later all was well.
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

I found out whats wrong. There is a vertical bar behind the radiator that the mechanics accidently pushed upwards -_-! They placed a jack there instead of the engine when changing the mounts. Now its all resolved. Just bent it back slightly.

Norm

Comment

ewww, gross!

did they bend the chassis rail?
            ... retired/

Comment

Just slightly enough to push the vertical bar up like 1-1.5 cm's. Still not too happy with the sloppy workmanship.

Comment

that sucks! Alignment place scratched up my strut tower adjusting camber today, You may find the bonnet will now rattle a lot in the summer from the hook latch.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  Just slightly enough to push the vertical bar up like 1-1.5 cm's. Still not too happy with the sloppy workmanship.
                  oh OK - lucky! I was imagining like a big bend!
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    what? thats rubbish, hate that feeling. not keen on coming back there and complain eh?

Comment

I went back and complained and thats when they fixed it. I told them "I've got nothing to win by lying to you guys" "I'm happy to pay for the labour for changing my engine mounts, and i'm not trying to get anything for free here"

Comment

how did they fix it? with a sledgehammer?

Comment

Working...
                        X