Gear crunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear crunch

Tonight i was being a total idiot with my car and was changing gears without clutch from 4th to third and the gear came out perfect and slid it perfect (due to the revs) when i went back to 4th from 3rd the gear crunched.. i put my clutch in and tried to put it back into 4th and now the gear crunches. The 4th gear crunches everytime i put it in it, only at very low speeds the gear doesn't crunch.. Do i need to change my 4th gear ? What's the solution the car's a dc5R ?

Damn, harsh lesson here. Use your clutch.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i thought they were auto's all this time,, was wondering why i got louder and louder the faster i went!!! jokes ... Yer i no what you been doin, do it in the work car when get lazy,, Just pop back into neutral without clutching!!! Really not a good idea.. Any ways try changing gear box oil,, may help.. other than that be ready to have your wallet lightened
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
        Damn, harsh lesson here. Use your clutch.
        lol, sorry dude,

but do you think that they put that third pedal there for the fun of it,

you've learnt that answer the hard way alright
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by peterdc5 View Post
          Tonight i was being a total idiot with my car and was changing gears without clutch from 4th to third and the gear came out perfect and slid it perfect (due to the revs) when i went back to 4th from 3rd the gear crunched.. i put my clutch in and tried to put it back into 4th and now the gear crunches. The 4th gear crunches everytime i put it in it, only at very low speeds the gear doesn't crunch.. Do i need to change my 4th gear ? What's the solution the car's a dc5R ?
          sounds like youve finished off ya syncro mate

Comment

not syncro, the sleeve
            but u do get the syncro and spring when u get the sleeve from honda

Comment

Working...
            X