Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove side skirt? - DC5

Hey All,

I've just removed my rear bumper and side skirt so in case anyone was wondering, here are the steps. There will be no pictures attached as its hoenstly so straight forward.

Rear Bumper:

1. Jack up rear and take off both rear wheels
    2. A screwdriver to remove 3 screws on each side for the bumper. 2 are visual right in front of you, but the third is bolted up so its perpendicular from the ground. You do this on both sides.
    3. Under the car, you will see two bumper clips. Grab a flat head and flip up the screw and pull it out.
    4. Take to either side of the car and start pulling the bumper towards you, I pulle both sides off and then went to the center and pulle it out.
    5. Dont pull it away and walk away, there is wiring still connected to the bumper to feed power to the bulbs for the number plate. Use that flat head again, or possibly a smaller one and use that to pull the plug out.
    6. Repeat to install bumper again

Side Skirt (im hoping the prefact lift is same as facelift [i done this on my facelift type s]):

1. Screwdriver to undo 2 screws for the side skirt at the front fender
    2. jack car up for more visibility (i only had to do one side) and use a flat head to pop out the 4 bumper clips.
    3. This requires a bit of force. grab the side skirt with both hands and push it foward. My first attempt i coudlnt do it. I had a brake and had a Peri Peri chicken pizza from Crust and retried and it popped off.
    4. repeat to install side skirt again.
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 14-06-11, 07:26 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000
Working...
X