Wheel Fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Fitment

I recently found a set of 18x8 + 45 Work XD9s, and was wondering if i would need to roll the guards at all to make them fit snug, i've researched on the net but have been getting a lot of different answers. Could i get spacers to increase offset? or would it be more practical to just look for 17x8.5 + 35 or something that would just fit better..

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jipp; 08-06-11, 04:57 PM.

Inner clearance, to the strut and the trailing arm at the rear, will be pretty tight but they should fit without hitting anything on the inside. With a 225/40 tyre no guard rolling will be required, with normal ride height and alignment settings of course.

By the way you didn't search too hard, there is a thread just for this 5 threads below yours . The Wheel Fitment Thread

Comment

Haha sorry. i read through that one, also read though
      http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=368629

So i wont be able to lower without making some adjustments?
      Thanks for the help :]

Comment

Spacer's will fuck steering and are a defect.. and make you unsurable!
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Jipp View Post
          Haha sorry. i read through that one, also read though
          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=368629

So i wont be able to lower without making some adjustments?
          Thanks for the help :]
          I just re-read your post and realised that you didn't mention what type of car you drive? I just assumed you had a DC5 since they were DC5ish sizes you were talking about, is this correct?

You should be able to lower the car quite a lot with no issue with a 18x8 +45 and you won't need to make any alignment changes. Only if you try to lower the car 4" and try to run +2° camber will you run into issues for example, but I always like to mention that alignment and ride height are important to consider when deciding if a wheel will fit so that someone doesn't assume my advice applies to whatever crazy combination of ride height and alignment they can dream up . Then come back and complain that their 5" lowered DC5 rubs on small dips in the road haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Spacer's will fuck steering and are a defect.. and make you unsurable!
            Please explain?

My car handles quite well with spacers on front and rear.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              Please explain?

My car handles quite well with spacers on front and rear.
              Your steering is messed up. Didn't you know?

My steering is messed up. 45mm or so more scrub radius will do that, but it is a bit rough to suggest even a small spacer will wreck your steering feel and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                I just re-read your post and realised that you didn't mention what type of car you drive? I just assumed you had a DC5 since they were DC5ish sizes you were talking about, is this correct?

You should be able to lower the car quite a lot with no issue with a 18x8 +45 and you won't need to make any alignment changes. Only if you try to lower the car 4" and try to run +2° camber will you run into issues for example, but I always like to mention that alignment and ride height are important to consider when deciding if a wheel will fit so that someone doesn't assume my advice applies to whatever crazy combination of ride height and alignment they can dream up . Then come back and complain that their 5" lowered DC5 rubs on small dips in the road haha.
                Yeah, sorry i forgot to mention it was a dc5 haha
                Was thinking of only lowering by about 2" with either bc n+ or teins ss in the near future and nothing too extreme, with the camber.. still a lot of research to do xD

Thanks for the information, great help!

Comment

Working...
                X