Shocks + Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks + Springs

Hey.. did a search all over the place for info specifically on this topic.. but still a bit confused...

I'm planning on getting a suspension upgrade.. but being the low-income student I am.. I can't afford coilovers.. Moreover, I don't necessarily need the huge handling upgrade from coilovers.

So, I've decided on getting Spoon Progressive Springs.

I'm on the verge of purchasing it.. but I've read that the Type S stock shocks will fail with lowering springs fitted..

Which shocks should I be looking at?

Will the Type R shocks be enough?

Or should I go for something aftermarket (Koni, etc)

For DC5 I assume?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

didn't know you could get aftermarket shocks for dc5, thats what my mechanic told me so i just went for coilovers and they are a must have!!

Comment

Oooh. Completely forgot about this thread haha..

In the end I decided on coilovers.. I think there's more freedom (height adjustment) and better peace of mind.

It was just that.. Spoon Progressive Springs were on clearance (brand new) on eBay.. so I thought before I bought it, I should ask around if it would be a good idea to get Springs + Shocks combo.

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
          In the end I decided on coilovers..
          That's the way!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

koni make shocks to suit, but your oem ones need to be cut and modified, to use the top hats or something in conjuction with the konis, from memory that is, which is pretty vauge, sorry,
            hope you don't regret your decision,
            coilovers are overrated imo, wish i just went for a nice matched spring/shock combo, maybe mugen ss even and suffer with the higher ride height
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Oooooh. Yeah, I think I'm lazy as well.. trying to find the perfect spring/shock combo and perhaps later finding out that I want a more aggressive stance but can't lower it.

I'm going to suffer on road trips though, but I'll take the coilovers for some stance. =]

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Working...
              X