No announcement yet.

Braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender Bars you will see an improvement most likely on track... don't think you'll a great improvement whilst driving as your not pushing you car to it's full potential

Same with the rear lower bar, but i could be wrong...
    I haven't gone this far into modifying YET, but you would feel some improvement...

Are you after just strengthening your chassis to make it more rigid or??
    Like whats your goal, what you trying to achieve?

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
      I bought mine from ebay from a Malaysian seller and now my rear upper bar doesn't fit. (DC5)
      I spoke to the boys at Shift Performance who have the NAMES of those on eBay who sell fakes of the original Ultra Racing braces.

I don't mean to cause a stir but just wish to help.
      I bought my item, it has the serial number etc
      Found it through the boys at Shift Performance that the seller i purchased through was NON-Reputable seller of Ultra Racing Products.

Suggest you get in contact with them first as they will match the price if you can get it cheaper and it's legit.

Just wanna tell you my experience
      telling us to contact Shift is not helping, telling us who Shift says are disreputable and you might be....
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        telling us to contact Shift is not helping, telling us who Shift says are disreputable and you might be....
        i dont have his entire list, would you like the name of the seller i bought off?
        The reason i said to contact Shift is because he has a list. He deals directly through Ultra Racing, i don't.
        Think about it, i can get something here for $230... But i can get it directly from malaysia for almost half the price?? Something doesn't add up... im a believe in buying stuff overseas to be cheaper, but that much of a margin on such a small cost is abit worrying...

I buy quite a few things from Shift from time to time and im always told if I can get it cheaper to let them know like with any seller because then they will begin to query the reps into why that can't sell it for as cheap...
        Just voicing my opinion to back my point.. Sorry if you disagree with me but im trying to prevent someone buying a fake part.
        BTW, i've compared my rear upper bar to somebody elses, exactly identical, slight slight difference was in the centre to adjust and also the welds were slightly off aswell (abit rougher)

Not creating a stir, just trying to help people waste money in buying replica parts instead of paying the extra $50-$130 more for genuine.
        Last edited by MYDC5R; 30-05-11, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
          i dont have his entire list, would you like the name of the seller i bought off?

sure!

The reason i said to contact Shift is because he has a list. He deals directly through Ultra Racing, i don't.

Think about it, i can get something here for $230... But i can get it directly from malaysia for almost half the price??

i get most (all) of my parts from overseas and always save about 50% on AU prices...

Something doesn't add up... im a believe in buying stuff overseas to be cheaper, but that much of a margin on such a small cost is abit worrying...

um, you sure AU sellers are not making a big margin?

I buy quite a few things from Shift from time to time and im always told if I can get it cheaper to let them know like with any seller because then they will begin to query the reps into why that can't sell it for as cheap...
          Just voicing my opinion to back my point.. Sorry if you disagree with me but im trying to prevent someone buying a fake part.

i am not disagreeing with anything - i am seeking more information to back up your allegations...

BTW, i've compared my rear upper bar to somebody elses, exactly identical, slight slight difference was in the centre to adjust and also the welds were slightly off aswell (abit rougher)

so it is fake?

Not creating a stir, just trying to help people waste money in buying replica parts instead of paying the extra $50-$130 more for genuine.
          yeah, i know you are not making a stir and looking out for members, but i also hope that most people already know that eBay is a risky place to spend money...

and it is difficult to accept that comments like "Don't buy ANY Ultra Racing products on eBay unless you want a fake.. " are helping much...
          ... retired/

Comment

Ultra racing are made in Malaysia. Yeap AUS companies are over inflating the prices.

I go direct to UR in malaysia for there products.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Read this!! http://www.ultraracingaustralia.com/page3.htm .. I don't beleave them..
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Yeah mine didn't come with a warranty card surprisingly enough

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Racing Australia

Step 2 - Ultra Racing Authorized Dealer: Insist on buying from Ultra Racing authorized dealer. Only an authorized dealer is eligible to handle warranty claims.

Step 3 - Warrant Card: Every genuine Ultra Racing product carries a warranty card. By completing the warranty card and handing it back to us, you are entitle to a 3 years, unlimited mileage warranty.
                  Hahaha if you need to claim warranty on a strut brace you have real problems. Wonder what warranty Carbing offer. Would this influence your buying decision?

Comment

mm true
                    sigpic
                    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

MYDC5R... Did yours come with a serial number????
                      sigpic

Comment

Serial number yes. Not on the Ultra Racing system though

Comment

so it had one printed on it... but the system didnt pick it up????
                          sigpic

Comment

Correct. As i stated earlier, my bar looks COMPLETELY genuine, absolutely genuine but fake sadly

Comment

Well i dont really care if fake.. If its firm enought to work and fits!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X