X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type R shamed on the circuit

Reading this brought a tear to my eye:

http://motorv8me.com/car-news-articl...-type-r-spirit

It saddens me to see the Type R badge shamed like this in its natural environment - the track.

I feel compelled to say something.... but I'd be branded a non Honda fanboy, if there's such a thing???

Comment

Look all honesty my opinion The Dc2 R And the civic type R from same year's were the best.. The civic was never sold in Au!! The dc5 R were good. Type S still ok And the new civic type R well mmm looks like a space ship with all though's triangles and handerling and performance is um crap!!!! Ive drivin the Dc2r , dc5r and the new civic R and i think the new the model the further out of touch honda has got!!!
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

remember that the civic type R was made in the UK!
        Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by honda-lover View Post
          Reading this brought a tear to my eye:

http://motorv8me.com/car-news-articl...-type-r-spirit

It saddens me to see the Type R badge shamed like this in its natural environment - the track.
          I'm a honda fan boy to death, but I can agree on that article. Th FN2R is somehow wasnt built 'correctly'.

Thats why Honda Japan released the FD2R, unlike the EP3R where Honda Japan imported them from UK and upgraded them to suit the JDM market.

Comment

haha thats one sour review! sounds like somebody owning a honda slept with his wife or something

i would love to see the track....certain tracks are going to favour certain type of cars

but anyway every company has their ups and downs and sure honda hasnt had a good time of late...but most of the world doesnt think much of this model so its not something we dont already know

Comment

Keep in mind newer fn2s have LSD now which would have helped a bit with those lap times.. But yea agree with most of the article.

Comment

u'll never see any Japanese driving a FN2 in Japan, its just a piece of tuned down economical car.. they have the FD2R there which they should of imported it here in the first place !!!!!.. Just dont get it, FD2 is here but not the R version, they even have the hybrid version for crying out loud ...... its sad days for us Type R fans .....

Comment

Originally posted by BlkR View Post
                  u'll never see any Japanese driving a FN2 in Japan, its just a piece of tuned down economical car.. they have the FD2R there which they should of imported it here in the first place !!!!!.. Just dont get it, FD2 is here but not the R version, they even have the hybrid version for crying out loud ...... its sad days for us Type R fans .....
                  The FN2R sold quite well in Japan. They don't all want hardcore track machines. The car was popular because of it's design. It didn't get any accolades for performance but I assure you it wasn't shunned either.

Comment

yes but it shouldn't be branded a Type R. it's a car made for yuppies who like to pose in a new car but couldn't afford a real performance car so had to settle for a hatch of some kind.

who give a rats about the FN2? it's a slow car that's simply been put in its place.
                    00-0138 ITR

Comment

atleast it doesn't look like the wrx.

you dont vtec all the time but imagine seeing the butt ugly wrx all the time?

fcuk that shit!
                      Blaze Orange

Comment

yer the new wrx isnt a looker.. but neither the civic R !!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I took this civic for a drive when it first got released and was disappointed. I was also quite amused that Honda claimed a 0-100 time of 6.8 seconds, same as the DC5R. I was also amused at the salesman telling me that the civic "Would beat my car, it's heaps faster"

I personally loved how it drove on the road and the interior is very nice. I don't mind the look of the exterior either. But as far as i'm concerned, it's not like the previous and current type R's out there. There is sound deadening and extra weight, it comes with AC and climate control as standard, it also should be noted that it does not come with Type R accessories as standard. That's right, no type R decals or mats, just the badge.

But you need to keep this in perspective. If the JDM civic Type R came to Aus, it would cost in the vicinity of 60k. Most aussies would not buy a civic for 60k. Most aussies would also not appreciate the harsh ride and this was proven with the DC5R. Honda brought out the Type S for aus with retuned suspension and a softer interior because the Aussie market did not appreciate the harshness of a Type R.

I tell you now, my next sports car will probably be the FT-86 rather than any Honda. Purely because Honda Australia will not bring a proper alternative to this country.

If you wan't a real type r, find someone in NZ or JP or HK to let you store it for a year at their house. After owning one for a year you can privately import it here and then you will have your precious, real type r.
                          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Honda has lost the plot the type r name has been so diluted i doubt i will ever buy another, it was all about the recaros , momo steering wheel , light weight , lsd strut bars and no accessories a true performance oriented car not these overweight over gizmoed soft design excercises, ive had my dc2r for 11 years now nothing compares , i was even disappointed in the dc5r missed out on a lot of the JDM stuff and got too big and heavy i just laugh at the new civic .

Comment

" Most aussies would also not appreciate the harsh ride and this was proven with the DC5R. " The dc2R was a very big hit. And it was the most harsh, loud and uncomfortable ride out of all the R's.. It all about price.. poeple who want this car is generally young and just starting up with life.. Meaning not alot of cash.. Like said above i wouldn't buy a new R are there crap.. I'd be looking at a S2000.. Maybe they should make a S2000R.. I love my honda's and always will own them.. But there letting us down!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X