How many DC5R's where sold in aus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many DC5R's where sold in aus??

Just out of interest i was wondereing if anyone knows how many dc5r's where actually sold here between 02-04?
    not really talking bout base models or facelifted cars, just type r's
    i have been asked by people from time to time how 'rare' they actually are, cause people don't seem to see them to often
    regards
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

your actaully right, even though we all know what a dc5r is, their definately a rarer model. I often see alot more base / luxury's out there... I've also realised theres alot of grey Type S all of a sudden
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

I'm interested to see how many are left, being alot of them must be written-off.

p-plater car lols

Comment

back in the old days i used to see so many Red DC5R
        went on a cruise once and 6 of 10 cars were red
        now i never see a red dc5r anymore
        always black/blue/silver

Comment

^^ I see Red ones generally.. Heavily neglected though which is a sad sight cause mine is Red

Comment

I only see 2 CW DC5R's in sydneys west

But silver/blue ones mostly
            Last edited by THEEYA; 06-04-11, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I always belived that there was 500 each year. I am not sure numbers of colours.
              2 black/ 1 silver/ 1 blue all i see around & 1 cw in the shed
              seen more civic type r's then dc5r's.

Comment

^yeah, i was guessing at around 400 a year, just guessing though,
                i have the only dc5 of any kind in my town (only 12k pop though)
                about 3000 SS comodores though
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

DC5Rs outsold the FN2 by a fair margin. Honda was a very different brand 8-10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    DC5Rs outsold the FN2 by a fair margin. Honda was a very different brand 8-10 years ago.
                    Its sad to see how Honda has evolved their image lately, seems like when you think of Honda these days you think of a Jazz rather than an NSX....

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                      Its sad to see how Honda has evolved their image lately, seems like when you think of Honda these days you think of a Jazz rather than an NSX....
                      Agreed. Walking into a Honda showroom these days is pretty underwhelming.

These figures are taken from VFACTS.

March 2011 top ten makes:
                      Brand Sales Movement Share
                      Toyota 18,466 -9.1% 19.6%
                      Holden 10,816 -8.3% 11.5%
                      Ford 8698 +7.5% 9.3%
                      Mazda 8039 +7.9% 8.6%
                      Nissan 7789 +18.8% 8.3%
                      Hyundai 7126 -8.6% 7.6%
                      Mitsubishi 5626 +1.8% 6.0%
                      Subaru 3901 +6.0% 4.2%
                      Volkswagen 3223 +6.4% 3.4%
                      Honda 2634 -36.6% 2.8%

Honda are destined for disaster. They have dropped 36.8% on the same time last year and will drop out of the top 10 for the first time in twenty years. Remove the fleet and government mix and Mazda is clearly number 1, followed by Hyundai. Without fleet Holden would be as low as 9th. It seems the Australian government is doing a bang up job of keeping it's shitty local suppliers in the game.

Comment

wow honda is really struggling recently.
                        i suppose their good "mainstream" cars are getting little old now
                        with both accord/civic/jazz/crv/oddessy being quite late in their product life now quite a fews years out of date now. with so many other manuf. pushing out new fuel efficient better looking models i'm not suprised at all.

the other problem is i only see news about CR-Z but i dont think that will revive sales for honda as a brand. not much news that i'm aware of about new accord, new jazz. new civic in the US looks same as their current SI anyway >_>

Comment

the civic SI could have had the potential to do well here if they imported a rhd model along with the CR-Z, its probably all to little to late for Honda now, their complacency in the AUD market has cost them dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                            not wrong different, back then they where heavly involved in motorsport, via champ car, irl and f1, and marketed there cars on being sporty!
                            and now overboard with this green car shit
                            it's been said on here time and time again but they've forgotton the boss's bases for the company was

"IF HONDA DOES NOT RACE....................

anyhoo, don't get me started,
                            does someone have contacts to find out model specific sales data dating back that far?

Comment

They just did the same thing as Toyota based all decisions on profit margins the Integra, Prelude, S2000, NSX, and racing did not have the right profit margin. They may have lifted there image but it was too hard to put a $ figure on what that was worth so gone. Now in Oz at least we can now start to see what that $ figure is.

Comment

Working...
                              X