Opinion on supercharger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on supercharger?

Hi, was wondering if its worth it to remove the k20a block and the super charger and sell it off and put in a k24a2 block from an accord.

Cause the car I'm looking at is spyder's old car.

P.S I am a P-Plater

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=12ECD42DE500

Why Would You Wanna Do That????????
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

cause im still on my P's =( still got another yr and a half until I'm on open.

Comment

Tbh mate.. Pretty silly buying a supercharged car on ur p's... But then agajn- u got it for a bargain price! I wouldnt take out the supercharger... Too much money taking it out n putting in a block this and that.. Just leave as
        Is and be sensible for 1.5 years.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Wouldn't it still be illigal because You'd be putting in a K24.

Comment

whats wrong with this car? No one seems to want it and those that have it always seem to be trying to get rid of it.

Comment

is this a serious thread/question?
              ... retired/

Comment

yes its a serious question,

yeah i would drive it with the super charger and all, but don't really want to risk getting suspended etc.

don't know whats wrong with the car, going to inspect it today.

its legal to have the k24a just like how eg's got b18c, just needs a engineer certificate and mod plate.

Comment

Yes but you're not allowed engine mods on your Ps. So you're screwed either way if a cop opens up your bonnet.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Either dont buy it. Or buy it and run the risk.... Don't waist time and money to make the thing a lot slower...
                    sigpic
                    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
                      whats wrong with this car? No one seems to want it and those that have it always seem to be trying to get rid of it.
                      Also turboing or supercharging isnt as easy as just waking one on. Ive looked into it.. Alot of things will need to be changed. Readjusted ect. Also the gear box may not handle the power difference! If i was looking at this car id wanna no who installed it. Dyno sheet. And id wanna take it for a drive from cold. Not warmed up!! And test it on a free way.. With open throttle ...Be Carefuller.. Also thats alot of power at those front wheels.. How many can actually be used without spinning widely!!!
                      Last edited by Karl; 05-04-11, 11:40 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vvai View Post
                        yes its a serious question,

yeah i would drive it with the super charger and all, but don't really want to risk getting suspended etc.

don't know whats wrong with the car, going to inspect it today.

its legal to have the k24a just like how eg's got b18c, just needs a engineer certificate and mod plate.
                        EG's never came with a B18c... EG's in Australia never even came with a B16.

In QLD P-Platers can't drive anything with a mod plate. As you need a mod plate to put in an engine into a car that didn't come out of the factory with that engine, you can't put a B18c into an EG, and you can't put a K24 into a DC5.

If you are going to buy it, buy it and drive it with the S/C. Don't waste your time buying a K24, then fitting it, then retuning it... all to take it out in a years time to put the S/C stuff back in.

Comment

I'll take the charger if you end up buying the car and selling the sc

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                            EG's never came with a B18c... EG's in Australia never even came with a B16.

In QLD P-Platers can't drive anything with a mod plate. As you need a mod plate to put in an engine into a car that didn't come out of the factory with that engine, you can't put a B18c into an EG, and you can't put a K24 into a DC5.

If you are going to buy it, buy it and drive it with the S/C. Don't waste your time buying a K24, then fitting it, then retuning it... all to take it out in a years time to put the S/C stuff back in.
                            yea was saying p-platers shouldn't be getting fined for having a different engine in the car. Cause I've never been fined for having a b18c in my eg back in my first year of p-plates.

Was going to take out the whole block & s/c and sell it off which basically covers the cost of the k24.

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
                            I'll take the charger if you end up buying the car and selling the sc
                            will let you know if i get someone thats interested in the block itself.

Comment

Its hard for the cop is see if its a supercharger. Just make a cover for it cause its a manifold type charger.

If you buy it, just keep it the way it is.

The dc5r gearbox can handle a fair bit of power.
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X