Earthing Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthing Kit

Recently upgraded my stereo in my car to bigger amps etc.... and fitters tell me hondas only come with 8 guage earth from battery and that is all! so i looked on net at the engine earthing kits...they sell for around $90 area!! so i thought hey they look easy enough to make ! so this is the result
    Last edited by DC2RKID; 01-12-10, 08:14 AM.

well done i love innovation

Comment

nice one man, where do u get the cable from??

u did car stereos b4 yeah??
      u wana come help me do my system?? haha ill pay

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
        nice one man, where do u get the cable from??

u did car stereos b4 yeah??
        u wana come help me do my system?? haha ill pay
        its 4 guage amp wiring kit from autobarn lol yeah i sure did u got ma number let me know what ya need dude

Comment

have u noticed much difference in electrical performance, fuel economy, kickover and responsivness? as they say..?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R8D View Post
            have u noticed much difference in electrical performance, fuel economy, kickover and responsivness? as they say..?
            well the moment i put the yellow top battery in i did lol but it seems to idle alot smoother.... i usually get around 400km to a tank but last week i got 440km....not sure if the earthing is related to it but i was happy lol

Comment

Im a industrial electrician. The different resistance in the cable would be so minimum. You will notice no difference at 12 volts. I would only recommend changing the spark plug leads... But in saying that if your stereo is pulling alot of current it might over heat and melt the original cable, so would need to be upgraded.. But no performance is gained..
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

P.s why not red cable... Should have kept the colour theme
                sigpic
                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Just wondering also. What stereo u install. Last week i installed a hi end pioneer deck... 4 JL Tr600 speaker's a 800 watt 4 ch kicker amp. And a cheapy pioneer 1200 max watt Ute box sub... Fronts running off deck.. Rears or channel 1 and 2 of amp and sub bridged 3 and 4...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    Just wondering also. What stereo u install. Last week i installed a hi end pioneer deck... 4 JL Tr600 speaker's a 800 watt 4 ch kicker amp. And a cheapy pioneer 1200 max watt Ute box sub... Fronts running off deck.. Rears or channel 1 and 2 of amp and sub bridged 3 and 4...
                    i installed option audio 1500rms mono block, option audio 160rmsx4 4 channel and soundstream turantula front components and soundstream turantula 6x9and an option audio extreme 1250rms 2500watt 12 inch in option audio extreme box...the diff in earthing might be minimal but they claim that earthin certain components better makes alot of diff.... a bit like runnin extra earth on the old nissan fuel pumps!! makes a major diff..and reason i went blue is so it sticks out and i dont want to much red gotta split it up

Comment

Sweet sound system

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                      i installed option audio 1500rms mono block, option audio 160rmsx4 4 channel and soundstream turantula front components and soundstream turantula 6x9and an option audio extreme 1250rms 2500watt 12 inch in option audio extreme box...the diff in earthing might be minimal but they claim that earthin certain components better makes alot of diff.... a bit like runnin extra earth on the old nissan fuel pumps!! makes a major diff..and reason i went blue is so it sticks out and i dont want to much red gotta split it up
                      Sweet sound system. What u think it weigh's in total. Because that was one thing i was thinking of. I only added 7kg to the car.... Each to there own on the earthing. Sounds to me like the 8 gage would have handled it. Because the cable is way under rated.. But as i said each 2 there own.. And p.s nice engine enamel.. was that just redone???
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Sweet sound system. What u think it weigh's in total. Because that was one thing i was thinking of. I only added 7kg to the car.... Each to there own on the earthing. Sounds to me like the 8 gage would have handled it. Because the cable is way under rated.. But as i said each 2 there own.. And p.s nice engine enamel.. was that just redone???
                        the sub and box alone is just under 70kg lol sub has tripple magnet and weighs over 30kg alone so major weight gain! and i can feel it! 8 guage would not run OA amps of that power..... there high power and not efficient amps like the higher quality digital ones... and yeah i painted rocker cover about 8 months back with a fresh can of wrinkle

Comment

Yer major weight gain.. Like a other person in the car.. I can always feel it.. The hole reason the type R fast because of its light weight... Is it easy 2 take out on track days???
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X