Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks bro, will get it tomorrow or next week

Comment

I have reinforced OEM engine mounts and I have to say they are one of my biggest regret of a mod.

PROS

1. It did cut out alot of my wheel hop but I don't do drags so this gain was not really applicable for me. On track it has gained me nothing but I have to add that before and after my stiffer engine mounts I have come a long way. So maybe I couldn't feel stiffer mount effects at my slower times but would of felt them if I only installed them now when im doing alot faster times.

2. It has given me peace at mind that my header is safer due to stiffer mounts.

CONS

1. I know for alot of other cars the stiffer mounts gives a more precise and smoother gear shift but for my car I didn't notice any improvement at all.

2. I gained alot of interior vibration now especially with A/C on and I know this is normal and a trade off for having stiffer mounts but for the gains I received it dosen't really justify this discomfort for me as my car is still a daily.

If I had a choice I wouldn't of change my mounts until my OEM ones died.

Comment

Harden up.

Comment

yeah, harder mounts are only for ballers...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Harden up.
            I knew you would say that (but am grateful you left the abusive side of the sentence out lol) and actaully consider writing a disclaimer about needing to harden up in my original post.

-_-

Comment

I don't know if I rate the innovatives. My rear mount has developed some play in the poly, its become oval shape in the insert. Is there an innovative dealer in oz that can replace my insert or would I have to send it to the states for a new insert?

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                I don't know if I rate the innovatives. My rear mount has developed some play in the poly, its become oval shape in the insert. Is there an innovative dealer in oz that can replace my insert or would I have to send it to the states for a new insert?
                what engine mods have you done?? ive only heard of forced induction guys in the states deforming the poly in the mounts. when i spoke to innovative last year they said any warranty or replacements had to be sent back to them, i dnt think that pressing in a bushing would be too difficult though if they sent a new bushing over?

Comment

since im getting internals does that mean i shouldnt go for the innovative and maybe get hasport as there apparently meant to be better?

Comment

I have bolt ons and a computer/ no internals . Its not pushing out that much power at all.
                    I never do burnouts.

Comment

Originally posted by AsHw3e View Post
                      since im getting internals does that mean i shouldnt go for the innovative and maybe get hasport as there apparently meant to be better?
                      60A is recommended for 250bhp so i guess if your planning on making bigger numbers go a higher rating or perhaps get all 4 mounts for 60A inserts. polyurethane will eventually experience plastic deformation causing play i guess we will all have to replace them someday.

I have bolt ons and a computer/ no internals . Its not pushing out that much power at all.
                      I never do burnouts.
                      hmm did you see the bushing move when you had someone release the clutch for you?? mite check mine out and see how they look as well

Comment

no, I took the mount out to look at.

I never really thought about getting them replaced because of deformation when I bought them. Now when I think about it, to get them replaced and if you have to send them to the states, your without mounts for a few weeks, maybe months?

Maybe I should of gotten hard rubber mounts to avoid this situation

Comment

yeh it would take a while its probably cheaper to buy a new rear mount. theres heaps of jdm rubber mounts like tracy sports and max racing but omg they are so damn expensive

Comment

Hmmmm interesting. This isn't the first time I have heard of this happening, perhaps I should check mine too.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              Hmmmm interesting. This isn't the first time I have heard of this happening, perhaps I should check mine too.
                              85A mounts fat chance hehe

Comment

i've just got my Hasport 70A mounts shipped to my door for only $330...

Got them off ebay from the US as the dollar was at 1:1.

Dont know why you'd go innovative if you can get hasports for this price...

Comment

Working...
                                X