Octane Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Octane Booster

Anyone tried out this stuff before ..... It increase the RON of your petrol ....

Any experience to share about stuff like this ?????
    Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

better not to, bad for your O2 sensor.. i wouldnt touch it for daily use. People however do use it for dynos and stuff and when u do, make sure u have a full tank of petrol before putting that shit in.
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Never used it.. Don't see the need really? Aren't our hondas tuned to run 98 octane?

On another note, what do the japanese fuels rate at? I think around 100 or 105 octane?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

100 octane.

on the side note i heard octane boosters give about 5 extra octane
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

extra octane wont do jack shit to the performance unless your ecu is tuned for it. You would see a bigger difference if you put honey in your fuel tank.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

you get bright orange plugs and stuffed 02...not worth it....it makes u think it goes harder but it dont do jack

Comment

Better off just putting Race fuel in... i know someone in melbourne who runs race fuel daily (his old man distributes it, Cheetah Racing Fuel i think it's called) octane booster waste of money...
              V-Racing etc etc... <<< Very hard to come by though at Shell Servos
              ^^ If you can find it, try that out but you MOST likely won't feel a difference in performance but probably feel a difference in your revving.

Comment

I understand that the higher the octane the more resistance there is to detonation. Nothing to do with power as the energy is the same. So unless you are running high compression you don't need octane booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian aka anjin View Post
                  I understand that the higher the octane the more resistance there is to detonation. Nothing to do with power as the energy is the same. So unless you are running high compression you don't need octane booster.
                  yep, and this is pretty much the only reason to use octane booster:

Originally posted by Nulon
                  Many cars imported into Australia have to constantly operate on premium unleaded petrol (PULP) of 95 RON or higher, but in remote areas of Australia, PULP is unavailable. However, Nulon PSO effectively converts regular unleaded fuel to PULP when treated according to the directions.
                  http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Pro...ctane_Booster/
                  ... retired/

Comment

thank you guys for the input and sharing ..... seems like lots of you guys have tried it ......
                    Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

Comment

Working...
                    X