X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice ASAP - about car swaps

Hey guy,s

received a phone call this morning

this guy wnats to swap hsi 2004 stock subaru wrx sti for my car.

its done 108k klm, one owner, all log books.

Worth it , yay or nay?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

surprised he didnt offer u 2 golf clubs and a fishtank....i say yes but defs check out the car before anything

Comment

what car are u swapping?
      Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
      EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
      Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

put ur head under it and check if the heads are leaking! subarus are bad for it

Comment

subaru g/box i hear are very sloppy...
          Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
          EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
          Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

sloppy indeed but the STI gear boxes are alot better than the standard wrx's.
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Regardless the Gbox's are a hunk of shit...
              People are such idiots by putting a HD Clutch because the OEM snaps...
              The reason the clutches snap reguarly is because it's meant to prevent the gearbox from breaking apart... once u put a HD Clutch... say goodbye to the gearbox..
              i say don't trade... i wouldnt IMHO

Comment

something tells me its too late...

Comment

the STI 6 speed is apparently a lot stronger and reliable

Comment

I would swap if the car looks the goods in a mechanical and passes a VCheck. Keep in mind you have to confirm a price for stamp duty. Just make it around $18k so the RTa don't get too suspicious.

Comment

THansk for the comments guys.

Its a legit WRX STI. gearbox feels tight and i really like it!

As always, defiantely going to get a State Roads Inspection. But I'm not a fan of the 4 door. Most likely will be up for sale AND CHEAP! .. got no licence, so it'll go cheap.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

"I'll swap you my girlfriends VL shell plus a fishtank plus an xbox controller plus my old commy open diff and $75 your way"

ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoGKdQxg3rU
                        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

STi's are fun to drive, even moreso modded.. I reckon you will keep it

The STi 6 speeds are unbreakable so no worries there, and the EJ207 in the STi's are fully forged, along with front and rear LSD's and brembos.. such a weapon and I miss mine!
                          4AGTE AE86 --> R32 GTR --> WRX --> STi --> DC2R

Comment

Ide say its a good swap, your getting a much quicker car and if the inspection turns out alright you havent got much to loose, only thing is those km's though.

Comment

wtf dont u kno dc5 is the best and quicktest car

how can u even think bout swapping!

Comment

Working...
                              X