got into a minor collision. need good smash repairer in sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got into a minor collision. need good smash repairer in sydney

this happened last friday where a group of friends and i were on the way home. it was raining..

we were in the right lane going below the speed limit. i saw someone stop far in front of me indicating right. i looked to the right and saw no cars coming in the opposite direction so i assumed the car was going to turn any second. so instead of breaking i simply shifted into a lower gear and slowly rolled towards him.

so when i get closer the person in front of me still hasn't moved and basically forces me to come to a complete stop. this however, surprises my friend behind me and he brakes really hard. however, because of the rain and his worn tyres he couldn't stop in time and rear ended me..

basically my rear bumper has been pushed in and kind of sticks out on one side. the bottom half of my boot is misaligned and i have to slam it quite hard to get it to close, but you can clearly see that the bottom half of the boot(beaver panel i think it's called?) is pushed in and no longer aligns with the boot lid. there are also gaps in between my rear lights.. i do not know if there is any structural damage and most panel beaters won't know until they start the work and take off all the panels..

the person who rear ended me is a good friend of mine and i know he does not have much money. that is why i dont plan to go through insurance and do a private job instead.

just wanted to know if there is a reputable smash repairer in the western Sydney area. seeing how i'm not going through insurance there is a certain limitation to my budget but i am willing to wait and save up in order to get a proper job done.

i know there already have been numerous threads about these but most of them seemed to look for someone to respray a particular part of their car.. in my case i think it's more than just replacing(and respraying) the bumper and beaver panel as i THINK the damage went deeper than that..

another question i have is. do all smash repairers order brand new parts from honda? what do you guys think of buying second hand parts from places like http://www.honbitsforhonda.com/ ? i've enquired about the bumper and beaver panel and they are less than half price of new parts from honda. just wondering if anyone had experience with buying parts from here.

thanks in advance
    tony.
    Last edited by ricespirit; 09-09-10, 06:13 PM.

what kind of car? NSX?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

sorry. dc2r

Comment

second hand parts should be fine IMO
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Go through Insurance, if your friend doesn't have insurance then that's the risk he takes.

Sucks to be him but if you can't afford to drive with proper insurance (at least third party) then you shouldn't be on the road.

What if he hit a Ferrari ? he'd be paying for it for the rest of his life.

Maybe your friend will learn a lesson from this all.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
            Go through Insurance, if your friend doesn't have insurance then that's the risk he takes.

Sucks to be him but if you can't afford to drive with proper insurance (at least third party) then you shouldn't be on the road.

Settle dude.
            Chill

Talk to your friend about it dude.
            I know he's your mate but at the end of the day your car got hit so you 2 need to sort out your issues of your car, keep your friendship to the side and don't let it interfere in getting your car back to scratch.

Your friend should really have at LEAST 3rd Party, at least but it does happen... Just work out your stuff together, if you don't mind second hand parts then

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              Settle dude.
              Chill
              I didn't mean to come off unchilled.

Anybody on the road knows the risks they take, being uninsured is another risk one takes.

From the sounds of it this guys car probably has some structural damage if he cannot close the boot.

It's not going to be a simple repair, and anything structural is going to cost a lot of $$$.

I just don't see why the poster should suffer cause of someone else's actions.
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post

Very good point. It's how i learned the lessons of insurance.
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Not sure whether i'm right or not, but I get involved with alot of motor vehicle accidents just purely based on my job. But from what I heard isn't like the damage that you do to another person's car regardless whether you have insurance, your Rego that you paid should cover that damage?, or am I completly wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Not sure whether i'm right or not, but I get involved with alot of motor vehicle accidents just purely based on my job. But from what I heard isn't like the damage that you do to another person's car regardless whether you have insurance, your Rego that you paid should cover that damage?, or am I completly wrong?
                    Hell no. Only 3rd party and above will cover this. A green slip is only for medical liability.

What is wrong with people? He had worn tyres and no insurance. What car does he drive? That way I can stay the hell away from him.

Comment

call me if you wnat a smash repairer. good jobs cheap etc and i can source the parts for you pretty cheap.

sammuel
                      0427 148 936

Comment

are u panel beater sammuel? im interested in some work too..
                        Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
                        EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
                        Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

will contact you shortly samm after i confirm with my friend whether to go through insurance or not.

thanks guys.. turns out the costs are a little overwhelming for a full time student to pay by himself given that it wasn't my fault.

will talk to my friend again.
                          Last edited by ricespirit; 13-09-10, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ek9rx View Post
                            are u panel beater sammuel? im interested in some work too..
                            hey bud,

nah im not a panel beater. i'm in automobile trade scene though.
                            he does good jobs. good prices. and his fast at it aswell.

Comment

yep going through insurance. can anyone list other good smash repairers(i know samm already mentioned one.)?but i THINK i have to get like 3 quotes and the insurance company picks one or something? please correct me if i'm wrong..

Comment

Working...
                              X