HID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID's

hey those Xeon $110 HID kits on firesport their always advertising, has anyone ever bought a kit from them or know if their any good?
    Just seen all these threads about dodgy HID kits.

All kits are shit.

Just get good quality normal globes.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i've had 2 HID kits (not from firesport) in my previous cars
      they both died in about 1 yr and seeing how many cars on the street with only 1 hid working, i decided to stick with halogen globes now lol
      that and less attention from the cops

Comment

Fuck HIDs in a reflector set up. In my opinion people who roll with reflector/HID set ups should be issued with red stickers. They're dangerous and spray light everywhere. I'm sick of Jazz's rolling round with fog lights and 10,000k HIDs. There was a black Jazz with Mugen grill in Cremorne last night which eye bashed me and really stunned me for a good 4 or 5 seconds.

I had the JDM HID setup in my car with 6,000k globes and made sure their level correction was spot on by taking them to a shop with laser alignment setup. Even then they weren't ideal and didn't actually increase distance over the standard Halogens.
        Last edited by m0nty; 06-08-10, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Fuck HIDs in a reflector set up. In my opinion people who roll with reflector/HID set ups should be issued with red stickers. They're dangerous and spray light everywhere. I'm sick of Jazz's rolling round with fog lights and 10,000k HIDs. There was a black Jazz with Mugen grill in Cremorne last night which eye bashed me and really stunned me for a good 4 or 5 seconds.

I had the JDM HID setup in my car with 6,000k globes and made sure their level correction was spot on by taking them to a shop with laser alignment setup. Even then they weren't ideal and didn't actually increase distance over the standard Halogens.
          ^ What he said. HID's for reflector setup has no benefits and just pisses people off.

Retrofit is the only way, do some research on it and if you want to go ahead I believe these guys are pretty damn good: http://theretrofitsource.com/

Read this for all those who have the PnP kits: http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

Comment

HID = Bling/rice
            Blaze Orange

Comment

i have HID in my stock headlights, reflectors. Adjusted them so it inst blinding at all. in front of police all the time, no dramas even when they stare directly at my car. Never have any flashes from oncoming traffic either. Obviously a projector headlight is better, but you cannot admit that a car with proper projector headlights and HID's dont blind you as well! I have just 6000k HID's in my car too, not this diamond purple 10,000K crap!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                i have HID in my stock headlights, reflectors. Adjusted them so it inst blinding at all. in front of police all the time, no dramas even when they stare directly at my car. Never have any flashes from oncoming traffic either. Obviously a projector headlight is better, but you cannot admit that a car with proper projector headlights and HID's dont blind you as well! I have just 6000k HID's in my car too, not this diamond purple 10,000K crap!
                The only way a projector would dazzle you is if the car was coming over a crest. They limit upward projection much better than a reflector. It's a much cleaner beam too. Park the exact same cars, one with projector and one with reflector a few meters away from a concrete wall and the difference is quite amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  The only way a projector would dazzle you is if the car was coming over a crest. They limit upward projection much better than a reflector. It's a much cleaner beam too. Park the exact same cars, one with projector and one with reflector a few meters away from a concrete wall and the difference is quite amazing.
                  Yep, you can definately see the different in a HID when it sits inside a refelctor type headlight, or a projector type headlight, but both will blind you, many people think that projector headlights dont do this at all.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Sure, if you shine it in your face. But my point was that the beam has a much lesser chance to do so thanks to better insulation.

Comment

In theory, projector headlights should not be blinding.

In practice, half the cars on the road, are running poor aligned headlights, projector or reflector, they both will be blinding, add that in consideration with the ride heights most people are running,the stock halogens of most cars will appear devastatingly dazzling.

Comment

Just on the topic of HID's. Has anyone put HID's in their halo angel eyes aftermarket headlights b4?.

Comment

those aftermarket headlights have a projector.. so its ok
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

and when you mean projector..whats that?..something that directs the light?

Comment

its the housing of the light. projector is like a ball/globe housing that focuses HID better where as the normal stock reflector housing scatters HID and blinds on comming traffic.
                              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Working...
                              X