Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the Archives... DC2R vs. DC5S Review (Speed Magazine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nipnip View Post
    how bout we drop 200kg from a dc2r

aliens was better than the original alien, t2 was better than terminator, so were the x-men and spiderman movies

wtf? why 00dc2 is talkign about increasing 15" tires to 16 17 hence why im saying by countering to reduce 200kg of weight?

I understand there is no point of talkign shit like that as its stock and you compare it stock. Whats the point of putting all these variable in?

Comment

what owners and specifically dc2r owners have to realise is this. Noone is saying dc2r is a inferior car, noone is saying dc5r is a specifically better car.

We are saying that both cars have pros and cons and yes if you perfer dc2r to dc5r and the raw feeling power to you.

However at most "discussions" i always feel a need for dc2r owners to strut around talking how good their model is. Kinda similar to a person who has just known that their model has been superseeeded by a newer model car.

Its harsh but if you look into it you will find alittle truth there. Who is going to say that their own car is crap?

I dont think dc5r is as good as dc2r stock for stock there is no arguing there but i also find it very humurous to always argue like a bunch of girls over milliseconds of difference. Im sure some nissan owners would find this thread quite funny
      Last edited by Jingers; 07-11-06, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Firstly, it is all a matter of preference. People decide what car is better based on what they prefer. For example, tinkerbell likes raw and twitchy and Jinger probably likes opulant and composed. Each car is only as good as its match to the driver's likes and dislikes.

Secondly and for this reason, car comparisons can never be objective.

Thirdly, it is pointless to compare 1 modified car to an unmodified car.

Lastly, I think the s15 is better than dc2r and dc5r.
        "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

rofl @ biz!

watching dutton on the weekend, my conclusion = EVO IX > *
          ... retired/

Comment

I saw both those magazines when they had VS thing going on, I personaly think that DC2R is not faster but it does handle a lot better and has much better racing feeling when you drive it than DC5R and type S, I drove my friends DC5R few times and it goes very good but feeling is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubo (LJ) View Post
              I saw both those magazines when they had VS thing going on, I personaly think that DC2R is not faster but it does handle a lot better and has much better racing feeling when you drive it than DC5R and type S, I drove my friends DC5R few times and it goes very good but feeling is different.
              Can you elaborate on that? A car that handles better, but yet is no faster?
              'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                rofl @ biz!

Manny?
                'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

danga i think his saying is going back to raw feeling.

For eg when i drove home with my car stripped it was 1000X rawer then any dc2r any car i have ever been in.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    rofl @ biz!

w00t! I like the sound of that!
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                      wtf? why 00dc2 is talkign about increasing 15" tires to 16 17 hence why im saying by countering to reduce 200kg of weight?

I understand there is no point of talkign shit like that as its stock and you compare it stock. Whats the point of putting all these variable in?
                      just pokin abit of fun, dont take this too seriously, personally, i wouldn't bother droppin so much weight anyway since the car is a daily, i need my interior

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubo (LJ) View Post
                        yeh, maybe mofo should chime in on this topic, since his got both a dc2r and dc5r for himself, greedy bastard

Comment

Our boy BIZ22Y over here also had DC2R and DC5R at the same time...so he too can enlighten you...but more than likely he'll repeat what he said above...

S15 > DC2R & DC5R
                          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

I've started another DC2 / DC5 war!!!
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Becoming a better driver > than all the shit cars and modifications that you can do to them.

Comment

DC2/DC5/NSX we'd all probably be beaten by this woman in a Ford Transit van.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timet...broadband.html

Comment

Working...
                                X