Mugen air intake Dc2r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen air intake Dc2r

hey all.. i am in the process of purchasing a mugen air intake kit for my dc2r and don't mind paying the $1250 asking price from jdm yard.

does anyone know if jdm yard are reputable and whether these are definitely brand new?

also i take it based on my research that the mugen air intake is the creme de la creme for the dc2r air intakes despite costing an arm and a leg in the process. i know its probably been covered here 1,00000000 times lol

honestly, is it worth purchasing? the thing is i don't mind forking the cash and i will retain the original stock air box for future use if i decide to sell the mugen air box should i not be satisfied..i know they are rare to come across these days

thanks in advance

i dont have a dc2, i have a dc5r with a mugen intake, and its perfect, nice crossover noise and better response

and i used to have a dc2, brought a replica mugen lip off jdmyard brand new, no scratches and was packaged well

Comment

JdmYard is very reputable. If the item is used/old, they will tell you that it is. I doubt anyone's had a bad experience with them before.

Try and get a used one if your second guessing the purchase: click me!

Comment

wow thanks for the speedy responses...
        definitely not second guessing the purchase..just want to make sure that the mugen air intake is the way to go. if my baby deserves a mugen air intake then thats what she will get! haha

Comment

i got my mugen intake from jdmyard years ago... they are very reputable and you can trust them. yes it will be brand new for that price...

and yes, the mugen intake is the best intake for dc2r if you do not have a budget... can't go wrong with it.

Comment

is there 2 type of mugen aintake for dc2?

Comment

Only one type.
              Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Mugen intake is the best
                looks like a short ram from the top but actually have a extended c/f cold air collector at the bottom

I miss it so much

Last edited by Calsonic_R32; 17-07-10, 02:25 PM.
                Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

I love my mugen air intake. The whilsting noise is cool too~!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by justinfox
                  You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Check out www.nengun.com as well. They should be significantly cheaper (I purchased mine from here).

It will take a month or two to come though as the intakes are all hand made to order.
                    /Oo ___H___ oO\
                    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eshop/s...idCategory=151

these guys do a mugen replica and they have power graphs to prove the bhp and torque increase and if im correct was the same as the mugen plus i beleive they are only £285!!!alot of people have used these on the itr-dc2 forum and they all rave on about them.

hope this helps a little

Comment

Looks like the replicated the entire Mugen line down to the radiators.
                        /Oo ___H___ oO\
                        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

do mugen make 2 style of intake? an CAI and a short ram intake for dc2?
                          which one is better for a dc2??

Comment

Originally posted by tiah313 View Post
                            do mugen make 2 style of intake? an CAI and a short ram intake for dc2?
                            which one is better for a dc2??
                            AFAIK, mugen only ever made the CAI for the DC2..
                            never hear of a mugen short ram

Comment

Originally posted by markR View Post
                              AFAIK, mugen only ever made the CAI for the DC2..
                              never hear of a mugen short ram
                              are these two different? they both for dc2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X