Which suspension to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    How do you find the PerformanceBox datalogger? I have considered acquiring such a device for some time but some ricey modification or some other always gets in the way . I rely too much on driver feeling. For example, at my most recent track outing I had my dampers on nearly their softest setting, after previously running them at nearer the stiffest. The result was a lot more movement on initial turn in, and the sensation of the car taking much more time to settle into a corner. It was spooky, but in hindsight I think if I had got used to it both me and the tyres would have preferred the lesser damping. The car didn't feel horribly underdamped and bump compliance was better.
    absolutely love the tool, its makes stupid setup changes more obvious
    I think the demo video probably explains it better than me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHA_Bh6kUl4
    Used it on the weekend to help a friend play with his Tein SRC
    once we started homing in on the setup "sweetspot" times started to drop, used in combination with driver feedback makes setting up a car much much faster.

Comment

I was at the Zuhai Internation Circuit (Zic) early this year and had a tour of a racing team that preps a fleet of front running Hondas, mostly Group N DC5s and FD2s and some Group A of the same. Their car runs on Advan 18" slicks.

They've tried many different prestigous brands over the years and some are often offered to them to try. They choose Tein N1 for their group N cars and it's a no brainer for them, with good support in terms of servicing and choose of springs and custom valving also avail if req. Their N1 series of coilovers were developed for Group N racing with racers' need in mind so it's no surprise they fit the bill perfectly.

Tein N1 shown from the car on the foreground, the Autoart livered car in the background is a Group A car with a different setup, which allows a lot more freedom in terms of relocation of pick up points, steering rack location mods etc.

Would love try a set of those N1 coilovers on my eg one day, esp I am bit dissappointed with my Monoflex setup which are only marginally better than the Koni+Ground control setup I had. Ever since the monoflex range replaced the RA/RE series which were very track worthy and has great travel for low ride heights, the monoflex range seem to prioritise ride comfort and streetability and meant for fast street apps with the occasional track work.
      Last edited by EG30; 21-07-10, 03:09 PM.
      Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
        I was at the Zuhai Internation Circuit (Zic) early this year and had a tour of a racing team that preps a fleet of front running Hondas, mostly Group N DC5s and FD2s and some Group A of the same. Their car runs on Advan 18" slicks.

They've tried many different prestigous brands over the years and some are often offered to them to try. They choose Tein N1 for their group N cars and it's a no brainer for them, with good support in terms of servicing and choose of springs and custom valving also avail if req. Their N1 series of coilovers were developed for Group N racing with racers' need in mind so it's no surprise they fit the bill perfectly.

Tein N1 shown from the car on the foreground, the Autoart livered car in the background is a Group A car with a different setup, which allows a lot more freedom in terms of relocation of pick up points, steering rack location mods etc.

Would love try a set of those N1 coilovers on my eg one day, esp I am bit dissappointed with my Monoflex setup which are only marginally better than the Koni+Ground control setup I had. Ever since the monoflex range replaced the RA/RE series which were very track worthy and has great travel for low ride heights, the monoflex range seem to prioritise ride comfort and streetability and meant for fast street apps with the occasional track work.
        Hey Lee, do these race cars revalve their N1 coilovers or do they come valved to match Advan slicks from factory?

Comment

They are valved to suit the typical group N range of spring rates, which are suited to the required regulated mass of cars and the grip levels of the control slicks.

They have a good window to suit a decent range of spring rates, the only time they re-valve them is to tailor to suit a driver's specific liking not avail with the standard valving. Most of the supported cars by this team gets fully rebuilt every year ie engine, gearbox, brakes, bushes, coilovers and they usually change the valve settings while apart.
          Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Working...
          X