Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you've done/not done to your car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid things you've done/not done to your car...

Here's a thread where we all can confess on the stupid things we have once did to our cars/ or not do to our cars - it can be things that are major or minor, no shame guys lol

I'll kick things off..

1) Trying to impress my gf by doing a reverse parking in one swift movement, but got too close to the gutter and wheels got pWned

2) Stalled and got lazy by not depressing the clutch while turning on the ignition - causing a very heart wrenching noise, hope its not serious..
    sif it's a girls car
    sigpic

where to start.... i won't

but my moments, include a tyre, a battery and a bike rider. all differant times. i'm not going into it anymore

Comment

i changed my rear brake pads with DS2500's adn didnt reset teh handbrake...

drove to a mates place, pulled up the handbrake, the hot pads cooled and let go and when i came out, my car was resting against the back of another car...

no damage, but could have been MUCH worse!!!
      ... retired/

Comment

when i was on my P plates, i stalled it at the lights, and it was a slight down hill.. i forgot to hit the brakes and my car rolled backwards and hit the car behind...

Comment

u fukn retards.. ahem.. here i go:

(while my parents were overseas) i walked up and i reached into my dads car and started it to warm it up in the garage.. but it was in 1st.. it drove straight into the gyprock wall and stopped... not too bad though..

(in my dads car again ofcourse) trying to reverse hill start out of my mates very steep driveway... but i had the thing in 1st instead of reverse.. i had only recently learnt to drive manual too.. as it kept rolling forward i released the clutch and gave it more revs then it just jumped into his closed garage through the garage door... did ZERO damage to the car parked inside i hit its tow bar, dent in dads bumper, scratch marks up the bonnet, ripped the garage door out of its tracks and took some paint off it.

i somehow managed to bring in the clutch and slam on the brakes stopping the car with the garage door 30cm from the windscreen.

what a fukn nightmate that was

Comment

using dodgy soldering iron in my car, without putting something over the seats incase of problems. tip fell off soldering iron and rolled under my arse. did not damage me but melted the shit out part of my seat. about $500 later i learned my lesson!

Comment

at mooney mooney trying to keep up with friends 350z with bc. racing spec. coils entering a left hairpin at 120 thought hair pin was straightening out i started on gas... hit a slight ditch in road and car lost control (probably i had a 20% tread left on semi-slicks)... hooked to miss running off the cliff... no chassis damage... time for new kit and better my driving (2nd/3rd month of having my car and learnt manual driving)
              www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

started a war with the Americans on CLUBrsx.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                  u fukn retards.. ahem.. here i go:

(while my parents were overseas) i walked up and i reached into my dads car and started it to warm it up in the garage.. but it was in 1st.. it drove straight into the gyprock wall and stopped... not too bad though..

(in my dads car again ofcourse) trying to reverse hill start out of my mates very steep driveway... but i had the thing in 1st instead of reverse.. i had only recently learnt to drive manual too.. as it kept rolling forward i released the clutch and gave it more revs then it just jumped into his closed garage through the garage door... did ZERO damage to the car parked inside i hit its tow bar, dent in dads bumper, scratch marks up the bonnet, ripped the garage door out of its tracks and took some paint off it.

i somehow managed to bring in the clutch and slam on the brakes stopping the car with the garage door 30cm from the windscreen.

what a fukn nightmate that was

Your first story reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT5mQLy5C4
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

^ I'm surprised that kid didnt stall

I was driving my mum's car, went to fill it up, forgot it was a diesel, and i sat there for at least 10 minutes trying to start the car before i realised what i had done

Comment

hahahaha... that video is awesome.
                      and i've done plenty of stupid things, including handbreakies in the rain etc...

Comment

I had an attempt to bleed the brakes for the first time, did it completely wrong. I put heaps of air into the brake lines, haha.
                        I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

heaps and heaps and heaps and heaps of N-drops in my old camry. I think I had that car for about 3 months before the transmission died in the bum.
                          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Well N-drops would do it...LOL
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

A few years ago drove 300kms to the country for uni from Adelaide (to do a country rotation). Checked all the tyre pressures and topped up the engine oil in Adelaide...... After 5pm went to a dirt road and thought - my celica (Colin McRae) is a rally car right? So went to tear up the roads and thought I'd try to do a scandinavian flick into a corner...... Anyway, didnt realise at the time the FWD version of celica I had was very different to the GT4 4WD turbo version..... ended up launching the car into the air after mounting the raised road edge..... Scared the shit out of me but a few seconds later it was very cool what had just happened....

Went to check the engine bay after the incident - forgot to put the oil cap back onto the car back in Adelaide!

Last edited by FunkyR; 05-11-06, 10:23 AM.
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                              http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Working...
                              X