Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing clutch kit, lsd, flywheel - hours involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing clutch kit, lsd, flywheel - hours involved?

hey guys, wondering how long it will take a good mechanic to fit all these on our DC5's?

big job but just wanna know what everyone has been quoted, charged on how many hours it took!

rick

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
    hey guys, wondering how long it will take a good mechanic to fit all these on our DC5's?

big job but just wanna know what everyone has been quoted, charged on how many hours it took!

rick
    General price for clutch job is around $600 drive in and out. Labour being round $500. So I'm guessing round extra $100- $200 lsd fitment.

Comment

I had it done recently to my FN2. Dunno if they need to drop the engine or not but they did with mine. Takes about 10-12 hours then add diff bearings, seals, and transmission fluid. Looking at over $900 labour then incl extras over $1k.

I suggest you get clutch /flywheel done at same time with the LSD

Comment

mine took 2 days!!!!!!!!! 350 .... :P

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
          mine took 2 days!!!!!!!!! 350 .... :P
          woah thats cheap, hook a brother up

Comment

If they charged $350 it didn't take 2 days. There's plenty of downtime in that charge. Most mechanics will charge $70 and hour and deals will charge about $100 an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
              If they charged $350 it didn't take 2 days. There's plenty of downtime in that charge. Most mechanics will charge $70 and hour and deals will charge about $100 an hour.
              Maybe it was the apprentices brother who did the work, he had to read the manual first tho so it took a full two days

Comment

Let us know how much it costed u rick abd what clutch setup abd lsd u get. Indefinately plan on chaning these when my clutch starta to go... Or even if i get a tax return this tine
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

When i changed my clutch i went to my old workshop & borrowed a hoist for the day, started at 10am and finished it by 5pm, that included a 1 hour lunch break, alot of ciggarette/coffe breaks with the boys & a 1 hour round trip to get the flywheel machined.

It is a big job but I mean it pretty easy to do it in 1 day drive in drive out style. You only need help when it comes to dropping the subfram, that can be considered a 2 man job.

Hardest part was removing the starter motor tbh, the top bolt is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                  X