buddyclub spec3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buddyclub spec3

does anyone have this on there dc5?? i really want one, but people i talk to say "its to loud", "you'll just attract cops' etc etc
    ive youtube'd it over and over, but just wanna get opinions of people who actually have it or been in one with it??
    thanks for your help

loud and droney.
    That's just what i've read/heard

Comment

Ive seen it on a dc2r, its very loud, gains are pretty decent though, but depending where you live and how cops are, your gonna get pulled over everytime with this zorst, and prolly defected.

Attention seeker zorst :P
      MY VTEC GOOOES!BAAAAAABWAAAAAAH

Comment

I used to have it on my car. Ended up getting EPA'd for it. It's a nice exhaust and I do wish I had it back but it's definitely not one to have for day to day use, mainly due to the fact you'll get sick of it being so loud and of the attention. But if that doesn't bother you, I say go for it.

Comment

whats defectable about it though?? its got a cat?? only thing is the noise??but surely it cant be THAT loud when asked to rev it at 3k??

Comment

The noise is "defectable" or at least will get you a ticket to get it tested at an EPA shop where it definitely won't pass. There you don't get asked to rev to 3k, more around 4 - 5. I only barely passed with my stock exhaust.

Comment

It's fucked up loud at any RPM all the time, any time and you can't make it quieter without chopping it and modifying it (which defeats the point of having it) or using a silencer (which is illegal as well) so its pretty pointless to use if you're running the risk of getting caught.

It's also flimsy as hell and will be DESTROYED over speed bumps (my car isn't really lowered at all, the exhaust was just not designed to hang as high up as stock)

You'll also piss neighbours off if you start it early in the morning or late at night (2K RPM cold start is super loud).

If you have anything other than stock engine mounts, cabin noise will be VERY loud (I have ESMM's)

Some exhausts are tuned in their chambers to be quiet at certain RPM's then really open up under load or high RPM but the BC Spec 3 manages to be loud no matter what you're doing

I think, if you are in the mood, it CAN sound good and i DO miss mine at times. If you can deal with ALL of the above, then get it.

Comment

damn thats abit unfair...hmmm it comes with a silencer though??

Comment

Yeah but it doesn't make it quieter, just funnier sounding.

Comment

fair enough...well i have a stock engine except the mugen airbox...so with oem headers etc it shouldnt be defectable??
                    sorry if im pissing you's off with 21 questions, i just dont wanna pay $1000 and be told i have to take it off

Comment

regardless if you have a stock airbox, stock headers, aftermarket intake, aftermarket headers, this exhaust will get you epa'ed.

use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                        regardless if you have a stock airbox, stock headers, aftermarket intake, aftermarket headers, this exhaust will get you epa'ed.

use at your own risk.
                        truuu stories...looks like its back to the drawing board

Comment

I ran mine with stock headers and its still loud. Headers dont offer any silencing (of any noticeable amount), they are there to manage the exhaust gases. How about you unbolt your stock exhaust behind the cat, and start up your car. BC is slightly less loud than that and less coarse sounding. It is the cheapest way for you to know what to expect, without meeting someone else running the exhaust.

Comment

i've got an X-Force Catback System to Cannon.. Sounds beautifull... not to loud, gains are alright and didn't pay something extreme. Very happy , when you put your foot down... it rumbles \
                            I know a guy who had a buddyclub spec 2/3 on his DC2R and it was fucking loud alright lol... the IDLE LOL.....
                            Last edited by MYDC5R; 20-06-10, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                              i've got an X-Force Catback System to Cannon.. Sounds beautifull... not to loud, gains are alright and didn't pay something extreme. Very happy , when you put your foot down... it rumbles \
                              I know a guy who had a buddyclub spec 2/3 on his DC2R and it was fucking loud alright lol... the IDLE LOL.....
                              Post up pics or a vid.. I've never seen or heard X-Force on DC5R.......

Comment

Working...
                              X