Momo DC2R Steering Wheel Re Trim lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momo DC2R Steering Wheel Re Trim lots of pics

As Promised here are some proper pictures of my JDM Momo steering wheel retrim.

The guy that did it is Peter Scott and he does all the HSV steering wheels. The quality of work really is amazing and looks a lot better in person than in the photos.

He charges $190 for a basic retrim, and $10 extra for the perforated leather, as this proves he can retrim any wheel too.

If anyone else is interested his contact is planetsoarer@yahoo.com.au Hope no one minds me posting up this detail. I figure a lot of guys with Hondas wouldn't mind getting a decent steering wheel re trim.

Anyways on with the pics.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as i did.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

And what the inside of the wheel looks like.
    I don't think any lifting issue can be fixed.

/Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Looks good man. Luckily for me my wheel is mint..

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Well my stock wheel on my car right now looks alright, but im pretty anal so i thought I would see how this turns out.

Turned out really nice
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Looks good kav!
          Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Looks great Kaveh. I think the only issue is the perforated leather is not quite the same, but will be interesting to see how close it looks to OEM with a bit of driving wear and tear!
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

That looks great I reckon...!

Comment

bump

any updates on how its holding up?

i might give it a shot as well
                Blaze Orange

Comment

I haven't installed it yet, but the when i took a look at the back of the old wheel, the leather was wrapped on exactly the same way, so i don't see any issues with durability.

Keep in mind this guy does all the HSV wheels.
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Can he stitch the wheel in the same way as an OEM wheel? Like, stitches in 2 straight lines rather than the zigzag style he has done?
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

what would he charge for alcantara with a yellow centre strip?

Comment

i email him

he said he can re trim it, gave me his bank details.

ill send it to him when i dont need the car for awhile

but just email him with what you want and he would do it up for spec.
                        Blaze Orange

Comment

E mail him yellows2k i'm not running a business and am making no money off of any re-trims so I cannot quote you any prices.
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Does anyone know if this guy is still in Business? My steering wheel on my DC2 is in poor condition.

Comment

Working...
                            X