• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a fake ITR?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=75&silo=1011

engine number: 18c21300247
    VIN: jhmdc23800S300242

according to my calculations, this isnt a type R (dead giveaway with the engine number).
    and according to http://www.civicforums.com/forums/31...in-number.html It would indicate VTiR as

jhm = honda made in japan
    dc2 = model
    3=2 door 5 speed
    8= VTiR
    00 = check digit
    3 = 1994 for vehicle year
    and the rest is serial number

pics:

looks like a type r head going by the intake manifold and radiator hoses so maybe the block has been changed?

compare that VIN number to this vin number off a genuine type r:

jhm = honda japan
    dc2 = model
    3 = 2 door 5 speed
    1 = type r
    0 = check digit
    Y = 2000 model
    s = factory code
    rest are serials
    think i just answered my own question lol

Any one else confirm this who may have come across the same issue (sorry this is the first time i have decoded a vin number..) but im pretty sure this is a fake type R?

Thanks
    Last edited by infurnos; 22-05-10, 04:45 PM.

Well going by that engine number, the bottom end seems to be from a VTIR. So fail #1 right there.

The second link of the civicforums isn't working.

Comment

try nows

Comment

Cheers, works now.

Comment

it could be that the block has been changed for some reason, dropped a rod and cracked the crank case etc.. and also possible that it has been rebirthed or just restamped.

I would get under the car if possible to check out the rear subframe.

But even if it did turn out to be a genuine type r, its not worth the asking price no matter how good the condition, because the numbers dont match. Think of it like comparing a rusty old phase 3 compared to a MINT replica. which one would you pay more for?

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

So this ITR seriously has a B18C2 ?

Wow... so much for :

"Up for sale is my unmolested Honda Integra TYPE R "

Disappointing. I was considering this as a replacement for my ITR.
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Just REVS checked this car.

It comes up as a 1997 Honda Sedan. It is encumbered until 2014... fuck me!!

ST GEORGE BANK DIV OF WESTPAC Ref. STGS202179795500 Mortgage
              LEVEL 1 Date 20/08/2007 9:19 Expiry 17/09/2014
              4-16 MONTGOMERY ST NSW Registration BEJ65E Class: O
              KOGARAH 2217 1997 HONDA SEDAN VIN/Chass. JHMDC23800S300242
              Engine No. B18C21300243

VEHICLE DETAILS MATCHED WITH RTA
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Either someone has gone to a lot of effort to convert it to a type R or something dodgy has gone on with the VIN etc..

Quote:
                Originally Posted by justinfox
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                  Just REVS checked this car.

It comes up as a 1997 Honda Sedan. It is encumbered until 2014... fuck me!!

ST GEORGE BANK DIV OF WESTPAC Ref. STGS202179795500 Mortgage
                  LEVEL 1 Date 20/08/2007 9:19 Expiry 17/09/2014
                  4-16 MONTGOMERY ST NSW Registration BEJ65E Class: O
                  KOGARAH 2217 1997 HONDA SEDAN VIN/Chass. JHMDC23800S300242
                  Engine No. B18C21300243

VEHICLE DETAILS MATCHED WITH RTA
                  That's no big deal. People will take 7 year loans on cars if they can't afford the repayments. It's a St George personal loan. They do them quite alot. Bad idea though. Interest paid is through the roof.

Comment

gee thats scary good work with the find

Comment

just look for b18c7 and you'll be good. though majority of type r's will be molested it was the first option i went through when i was chasing for a honda had alook of about 4 gave up considered dc5r then ended up with a ep3 hahah. thats some serious mix up with the vin/rego civic sedan..

Comment

The Vin number is for a Type R though.

I would think that the RTA database is wrong in this case, which isn't to far fetched.

Interstate cars that are brought into NSW will have the details written again.

The block is definately a replacement block out of a AUD vtir.
                        /Oo ___H___ oO\
                        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
                        X