Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle noise test?

Hi All,

Just got a letter from EPA asking me to get a bloody noise test done. Quick question......would the testers approve if I place a silencer on the exhaust?

Thanks guys

If the exhaust gets tested and its under the legal limit then I don't see what the problem would be? Maybe someone that has been through this before can chime in. I'm sure there are a few here, lol...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

They won't accept removable silencers, has to be welded on.

Comment

will they test anything other than noise?
        i.e. emissions?

Comment

Times like this i love my mugen twin loop.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

If it was just a noise test, they will only test noise and you'll have to swap out your stock exhaust but probably not headers if you have them. They will draw a diagram of what the exhaust looks like though, although it's pretty basic. Intake may get you as well, so to be extra safe you could try with your stock box if you can be bothered swapping it out.

Do you have an ECU? If you're stock, let us (or me via PM) how you go since I'm curious to see what the tester revs your car to.

Comment

Lol ive been done for twin loop as have others.

Maffew they did me at 5500. I also had to get full emissions on stock ecu.

Comment

Everywhere is different, so stupid. EPA should go and fix that nuclear waste area that is giving a lot of the people cancer. Don't see them sending letters to that!

Comment

A tip for people who are going to get their Db tested is to leave your car on for a while first and make sure your cat is warmed up enough before getting tested. Don't turn your car off while you wait for the tester to get his gear ready and etc.

The tester that did my car was nice, as my first 3 attemps were failures as my cat wasn't warmed up yet.

On the fourth attempt I passed and the guy said not all testers are that patient/nice.

Some will just test you once and fail you on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                  X