DC5S Hondata Reflash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Hondata Reflash?

Has anyone heard much about this? Whether its worth it or not?

ive seen on Clubrsx that the price has come down to $290 USD, so it seems like its reasonably priced, as K-pro is out of my budget for the time being.

Plus i drive an 06 type s, so its a bit more pricey for me, as i have to get hold of an 02-04 ecu aswell, if i wanted to K-pro it.

i only have a CAI on it now, and i dont plan on doing any more performance mods it it, except for maybe a cat-back, later on..

yeah ill like to get more info about this

can we send out ecu to hondata?
    Blaze Orange

Comment

any one know more about this?

Comment

any1?

Comment

All the answers you seek are here

And if you don't plan on doing any major mods to it, then it's perfect for you.

Comment

"race header not reccomended", ie waste of time for most people here

Comment

race header = no cat?

i think most ppl here have street header?
              Blaze Orange

Comment

These parts are not recommended -
                * Stock Airbox
                * Race header
                * Race camshafts
                * Forced induction

Why...? Simple really, because it will push the engine beyond where it is tuned to opperate.
                Be that a positive or negative effect on the VE of the engine...
                Either way, this flash is kinda ordinary when you look at it...
                10hp at the shafts on a dynopac...
                Thats approx 3~4kw gain on a dynodynamics (at the wheels)

Put it in perspective...
                If you add a decent Header & exhaust, + a CAI, you'll be making more power... Everywhere.
                IMO, if you're not going to do it right, then don't do it.
                But then it is your money...
                TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                Official Australian Distributors
                Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

I agree with Adrian. Budgets are obviously important but don't waste money on things you won't get returns from. That's much worse as you're just wasting money that couldve gone towards a KPro. Is spending $400 now any better than saving up $1500 over a few months for something that's going to get bigger returns? Personally I believe an ECU should only be done after all breather mods have been fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    I agree with Adrian. Budgets are obviously important but don't waste money on things you won't get returns from. That's much worse as you're just wasting money that couldve gone towards a KPro. Is spending $400 now any better than saving up $1500 over a few months for something that's going to get bigger returns? Personally I believe an ECU should only be done after all breather mods have been fitted.
                    +1.. Also im sure you'll have muhch better resale value compared to the reflash.. buy the kpr ofor 1.5K, proly sell it for a 200-300 cheaper when u no longer want it!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Working...
                    X