Heads up Melbourne People...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up Melbourne People...

On Tuesday the 20th of April 2010, Operation "Pipedown,‟ targeting excessively noisy motor vehicles and safety related offences will commence. The operation will be conducted in the Melbourne area for a two week period, concluding on Saturday the 1st of May 2010. The media campaign will commence one week before the enf...orcement phase of the operation, commencing on the 13th of April, 2010.

thanks for the heads-up

Comment

Fuck the media and the vic police marketing campaign is so one sided.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Better put away the spec 3
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Idiots, havnt they got any thing beter to do?
          HONDA TYPE R and custom STICKERS

I DO ALL CAR MAKES AND MODELS

email me for details and prices- mac1600@speedweb.com.au
          All enquiries welcome i make any sticker you want

Comment

FYI they had a massive booze bus on S.E Fwy and Westgate Fwy last Fri/Sat. Got two friends who got defected from that booze bus (S.E. Fwy)

So, looks like they started early.

Comment

thanks for the heads up water boy.

i've heard a couple of strange stories happening lately; mates friend lost 3 points + fine for driving overpowered vehicle (180sx)

heard people getting defected for subwoofers too?

Comment

Originally posted by PHATJM View Post
                thanks for the heads up water boy.

i've heard a couple of strange stories happening lately; mates friend lost 3 points + fine for driving overpowered vehicle (180sx)

heard people getting defected for subwoofers too?
                Ouch.

If the popo wants to b an arse they can defect you for an thing that isn't factory. I even know of people where they have been defected for factory items (i.e. Recaros).

There this event once where there was a crowd who were jeering at the cops and throwing cans at them. Result, they defected cars down to seat belt pads!

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                  Ouch.

If the popo wants to b an arse they can defect you for an thing that isn't factory. I even know of people where they have been defected for factory items (i.e. Recaros).

There this event once where there was a crowd who were jeering at the cops and throwing cans at them. Result, they defected cars down to seat belt pads!
                  yeah i'd agree.
                  its the risk we all take to modify our cars.

but yeah... thats pretty extreme

watch out for unmarked landcruiser/prado on eastern freeway pulling cars over.
                  saw an evo pulled over with its bonnet up

Comment

all this is a result from the bob jane riots no doubt

wankers ruining it for the rest of us

Comment

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more...o-pipedown.htm

aiyahhhhhhhh

Comment

just another way for gov to make money.

BS mate

Comment

old news man lol
                          thanks for warning those who didn't know..
                          Almost got done last night on citylink but the line for testing cars was way to long so the cop said just drive off

Comment

Just get your car engineered, then you guys have nothing to worry about.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/502...more-than-1000

A JOINT operation between Victoria Police and the Environment Protection Agency has seen 1369 EPA notices issued to drivers and riders of excessively loud cars and motorcycles.

Running from April 20 until May 1, Operation Pipedown is targeting vehicles with loud exhausts, which the Australian Bureau of Statistics lists as one of the top concerns reported by most communities.

Drivers issued with EPA notices are required to pass a noise test within 28 days, with failure to comply potentially resulting in the vehicle's registration being suspended.

Acting Inspector Lisa Winchester from Melbourne East police said she is pleased with the operation’s results so far.

“Drivers of illegally modified, excessively loud motor vehicles are part of an anti-social behaviour problem,” she said. “This operation is in response to the large number of complaints police continue to receive relating to overly loud cars and motorcycles.

“While Operation Pipedown is largely focused on the Melbourne area, many neighbourhood hoons driving through Melbourne City have already been caught.

“Over 1000 have been detected so far, and we are only half way through the operation. We anticipate many more will follow prior to the end of this two week operation."

While it did not offer specific numbers, Victoria Police noted the Nissan Skyline range as the vehicle of choice for the majority of offenders.

Other listed include the Holden Commodore (Ute models in particular), Subaru Impreza, and the Honda Integra and Civic.

Operation Pipedown is a traffic operation conducted by Victoria Police in partnership with the Environment Protection Authority, Melbourne City Council, Melbourne University, the Victorian Deaf Society and, interestingly, Harley Davidson.

Comment

Working...
                              X