Roadside Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadside Assistance

Just wondering if you guys have roadside assistance, such as NRMA? Do you think its worth it, especially on a car that is reliable like a Honda maybe?

As force of habit, coming from a hand-me-down family vehicle to my DC2R back in 2003, I automatically signed up for NRMA roadside assistance without really thinking if I'd even need it... especially for a car that was only 2 years old at the time with very low kms. And so far, I've never had to call them up at all and wondering if its worth it to keep membership now... your personal thoughts and experiences?

i didnt have it like you never needed it dc2rs are so reliable then blew my motor at phillip island and joined on the spot thinking i would get a free tow back to my mechanic in melbourne and they just towed me back to phillip island depot. its great if you do a lot of country driving peace of mind and if the car does break down it wont be left by the side of the road.

Comment

I got it as well, doesn't work out to be too much if you get the NRMA greenslip as well because they give you like 50 bucks off the greenslip if you have the roadside assistance. Piece of mind
      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

NRMA roadside mechs are hardly mechanics, 90% of the time they just call for a tow truck & send it to a workshop. I wouldnt bother with the roadside assistance, especially if your good with your hands/car, Just become good friends with a tow truck driver and youll be fine

Comment

have a look for credit cards that have roadside assist as part of its services.
          my amex platinum has it, and its pretty good. but im not sure how it works with older cars.

Comment

Working...
          X