byebye teg! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebye teg! :(

friday night last week i was driving along in heavy rain along anzac parade sydney. it was raining down to the point where visibility was very poor...was following a landcruiser going about 45-55km/hr in a 70 zone.

everything was going alright thens suddenly i hit a dip in the road where alot of water had streamed to and engine dies...at this point the road water puddle was not deep at all just deep enough to cover the front of my bumper i guess...agaisnt my knowledge in desperation i tried to turn the car back on, no response.

basically from there sat there until getting help to push my car outta the water onto the side of the road by the time this happened the water had poured inside the car and was up to about seat level.

got all my personal things out of the car and got it towed away. its with my insurance company now (AAMI) and im waiting for their response whether its a write off or not...

any advice??

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=5727

sorry to hear that mate,

I don't think it will be a write off!!!

AAMI is a bit hard to deal with as well. Good luck anyway!!
    - Project R -

Comment

thats farkedd... realy liked what u did to this car aswell :S

just wait n let aami take care of it.. did u take off ur aftermarket acessories? if they wernt included on ur insurance they may give u some shit... like injen and that.. could of caused ur car hydro lock causing the car to stop..

Comment

Dude that really really sucks But other than the water damage to the interior what else would make it a write off?
        Last edited by Time; 17-02-10, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
          thats farkedd... realy liked what u did to this car aswell :S

just wait n let aami take care of it.. did u take off ur aftermarket acessories? if they wernt included on ur insurance they may give u some shit... like injen and that.. could of caused ur car hydro lock causing the car to stop..
          nah i didnt...didnt have the time to.
          was in sydney for the weekend...didnt have any of my equipment or stock parts with me

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            Dude that really really sucks But other than the water damage to the interior what else would make it a write off?

(would it be inappropriate to make a hydro shield joke about now?)
            hydro shield is worth it....i need one...i had same prob my car conked out..twice in the wet...it was reluctant to start again but luckily it did..... but i thought id hydroed it....anyway man thats bad news i hope everything works out well for ya

Comment

hydroshield would just stop water spray from slowly seeping into the air filter then up the intake....

if the car was in as much water as stated.. it would of had no chance with the intake i rcn.. hydroshield or no hydroshield.. if it got completely submerged in the water it would just suck it strait up like a pudgy pudding like kid drinking a maccas milk shake with them fat purple eazy way type straws..

Comment

I remember reading the thread about the mod process of ur car... that sux dude... after all that work and money!

Damn that Landcruiser! Bet he just went over that puddle like it was nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
                  hydroshield would just stop water spray from slowly seeping into the air filter then up the intake....

if the car was in as much water as stated.. it would of had no chance with the intake i rcn.. hydroshield or no hydroshield.. if it got completely submerged in the water it would just suck it strait up like a pudgy pudding like kid drinking a maccas milk shake with them fat purple eazy way type straws..

good comparison.. really liked it , i lol'ed

sorry to hear lowie... keep us updated.... i can help u out dude!... by buying some of ur parts lol.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

would be helpful to get opinions off those who have delt with a writeoff before..

ive been talking to AAMI and apparently i am allowed to take out my soundsystem i bought for it the other week, replacing it with stock of course.
                    what else can i take???? my mate thinks that until i sign the payout contract i can pretty much do what i want and swap parts over but that doesnt sound right.

recovering the ING+1 kit would be nice or the rims/coilovers

Comment

make sure you put the stock airbox in.
                      Blaze Orange

Comment

Put everything to stock.!!!
                        - Project R -

Comment

What the hell is actually wrong with it? sounds like you could be losing a shit load of mods if you cant take them off?? is the car actually fucked or is it just water damage to interior??

Comment

Shit mate... this is definitely not good to hear.

Good luck with the insurance process, hopefully you end up getting it sorted out. Will definitely be missed if it is a write off, it was only the other day I saw you driving past in it.
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

my personally feeling is, if my car has water damage (particularly with electrics), i'd rather it a write off.

having said that, it's still sad to see what happened to your pride and joy.

hopefully the insurance process goes smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                              X