7.5" or wider wheels on dc2r?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.5" or wider wheels on dc2r?

anyone got any 7.5" or wider wheels on the DC2R? keen to see how it looks.
    im looking for a new set of lightweight wheels and dont think the 7" wide ones i got on mine atm look as mean as they could lol.. please post a pic if u got some and state tyre profiles too
    looking to get sum 16x7.5/8 wheels

Here:
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6072
    Deano.

Comment

ahk thanks DL001.. [pretty cool stuff lol...
      didnt see many examples of annythin i was looking for tho as i hav a dc2r most were dc5rs
      didnt get a chance to go thru all of it but all in all.. looking for a 16x7.5 wheel with a pretty basic offset so, after some camber, it can JUST, sit within the gaurds kinda thing..?
      and iv made some enquiries cant seem to find too many lightweight jap rims wich come in a 16x7.5/8 with a decent offset (in aus) if sumone could point me in a the right directioon...?

Comment

This post from Trev is probably going to give you an idea of what sort of wide wheels can fit on a DC2: LINK

I don't have any advice other than if you go for 16s (which I think you shouldn't) then there are very few wide tyre options that are the correct diameter to suit 16x8 or wider wheels. If you have a 15x8 you have a few more options.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          This post from Trev is probably going to give you an idea of what sort of wide wheels can fit on a DC2: LINK

I don't have any advice other than if you go for 16s (which I think you shouldn't) then there are very few wide tyre options that are the correct diameter to suit 16x8 or wider wheels. If you have a 15x8 you have a few more options.
          Finding 15x8 rims for 5x114.3 is hard though. I've been looking them for quite a while now for my track rims. Do you any brands that make them Tom?

I know of one person that converted his back to ek4 4 stud brakes to get 15x8 rims as he gave up finding 5 stud versions.
          CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
            Finding 15x8 rims for 5x114.3 is hard though. I've been looking them for quite a while now for my track rims. Do you any brands that make them Tom?

I know of one person that converted his back to ek4 4 stud brakes to get 15x8 rims as he gave up finding 5 stud versions.
            You make a good point, wheel choice is very limited . Brand new there are the usual multi-piece options; SSR Professor MS1R and SP1R, Work Meister S1, and probably a myriad of US custom wheel manufacturers like Spinwerks, Kodiak Racing Wheels. The 3 piece wheels will never match the weight of a forged 1 piece though I believe.

For the discerning wheel collector () however, once upon a time though Volk Racing made a 15x8 TE37 in 5x114.3 and possibly a CE28N too. If I was a baller with a DC2R they would be my aim . Here is one pair for the front on Yahoo Auctions: LINK. I believe they exist in other offsets too, but without that nice slight concave.

Comment

hmm might hav to just settle for 16x7s... with a wider offset and thicker tyre...?
              thanks for the help so far ppl!
              if someone could point me in the right direction to find sum nice jap rims...? and aus dealer? website? ect.
              cheers

Comment

have a look here:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/wheel-brands.jsp

with the good AUD, you might be able to find a bargain?

or

or

or

(not all these are 16x7 mind you!)
                ... retired/

Comment

the bottom 3 im interested in.. plus looking for something lightweight so the gram lights should be helpful there

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R8D View Post
                    the bottom 3 im interested in.. plus looking for something lightweight so the gram lights should be helpful there
                    If you want light then don't buy Gram Lights . They are not a very light wheel.

Comment

I can get gram lights in 16x8 and 16x7 staggered if u want =]

I myself have a set of SE37K 16x8 and 16x7 staggered. I also have another set of BBS RS 16x8 and 16x7 staggered as well with +35 offset as well... both might be for sale soon too!

Comment

If you are after a lightweight rim that isn't going to rip you in the wallet.
                        The Enkie RPF1's come in a 16X8 +35 offset

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                          If you are after a lightweight rim that isn't going to rip you in the wallet.
                          The Enkie RPF1's come in a 16X8 +35 offset
                          can u refer me to a site coz i spoke to talebtyres and they said they could only get me 16x7s... for that particular wheel...

Comment

speacial k im interested in the TE37s but u only got them in staggered??? shoot me a PM
                            cheers guys keep the info coming

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R8D View Post
                              can u refer me to a site coz i spoke to talebtyres and they said they could only get me 16x7s... for that particular wheel...
                              http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...3-p-60777.html
                              The offset is +32 or +38 not +35
                              Last edited by T-BaGGeR; 21-02-10, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X