Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R Stock suspension height settings uneven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Stock suspension height settings uneven?

Hi All,

Shame I don't have stock suspension in the car to take the measurement.

I have coils, which are even on the rear from wheel hub to fender. BUT the rear right camber is .6 degree more negative than the left. -1.5RL, -2.1RR.

I remember when installing coils, I had to lower the rear right an extra 0.7cm to get it even.

Now, question is, for a stock dc2r, was the rear right slightly higher than the rear left? Anyone kind enough to measure this? I would assume Honda designed this to allow an even height car WITH passenger. Also, are the strut top positioning in the chassis perfectly symmetrical in height with the L and R side?

I want to get the camber even (with passenger, indicating even tyre contact with the road). I also do not wish to install adjustable camber arms - want to keep every bolt as unmolestered as possible.

Many thanks for reading.

Best Regards,

Jeff
    Last edited by SpecJ; 26-01-10, 04:35 PM.

dc2r was corner weighted with 45kg driver only

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

also - when suspension components are changed, you need to have the car lowered onto the ground before tightening any bolts as if you tighten the bolts with the suspension hanging down, the bushes will bind up and try to push the car different directions...
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        also - when suspension components are changed, you need to have the car lowered onto the ground before tightening any bolts as if you tighten the bolts with the suspension hanging down, the bushes will bind up and try to push the car different directions...
        This is a very good point which I'm sure many people don't realise.

4-post hoists are great for this I love being able to use a full workshop at my work..
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i have seen first hand the damage this does to bushes - they get torn easily and also must have an effect on proper handling...

it is a PITA to do without a proper set-up but i believe it is vital...
          ... retired/

Comment

had a look in the user manual and camber settings should be even f + r, which means even height on both sides is incorrect. the driver side is slighlty higher. so i raised the right side up ~.5cm

with and without driver in car, the right side height fluctuates by ~.6cm. i'll get another wheel alignment and go from there.

at least when i'm inside, the car isn't leaning towards the driver side, and hopefulyl there shoudl be better weight distribution, as well as better tyre wear.

Comment

Working...
            X