Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

Hey guys, i was just wondering who are you guys with? Hopefully ill be getting my dc5r soon, any recommendations for a 18yo with a dc5r in Melbourne?

Cheers

It won't be cheap.

I am with JustCars... When my car was stock and when I was 19 (When I bought the car) I was paying something like $2k... and I live in Brisbane which isn't known for Honda car theft.

JustCars were also the only insurance agency that would insure me at the time also.

Are you looking at getting full comp or 3rd party, fire and theft?

Most insurance companies have an online calculator. Give it a shot and see what they charge.

Good luck...

Comment

Probably have to be JustCars, but like above if it's under your name then it won't be cheap at all, especially if you just got your licence.

Comment

Im after full comp, there any other way such as putting it under my older brother name and still be covered?

Comment

You can put it under other people’s names etc... But you'll have to read the insurance policy to see what they'll do in the event of an incident and to see if you'll be covered.

I believe with justcars they base there policy off the youngest listed driver.

Basically, if you can't afford the insurance, rego and maintenance of a DC5R (Or any car for that matter) it’s not worth buying the car, as you'll probably sell it in 6 months time because you can't afford it.

Wait till you've either got a more money saved or you have an income that can support your "habit"

Comment

I just don't wanna be spending heaps of money on insurance when there is a better offer out there, just don't want to regret anything that's all.

Cheers for the info

Comment

The only way you'll find a better offer is by ringing all the insurance agencies, and seeing what they'll offer.

But 8 out of 10 of them won't cover you due to your age and the type of vehicle.

Comment

I'm pretty sure JustCars is the only company that's going to insure you. You can try Shannons, but either way it ain't going to be cheap.

It costed me around the 2ish K mark when i was 18. I'm Sydney though. Could be different in Melbourne.
                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

Originally posted by Vitabrits View Post
                  I'm pretty sure JustCars is the only company that's going to insure you. You can try Shannons, but either way it ain't going to be cheap.

It costed me around the 2ish K mark when i was 18. I'm Sydney though. Could be different in Melbourne.
                  Was that full comp?

Comment

I'm with AAMI, 21 yo, lost licence for speeding for 6 months... my premium is 2800, but i opted to apy higher excess and loewer my premium:
                    so i pay 1800 / year and 3000 excess.

I also got agreed value of 25.5K

When itold them about my N+ coilovers and injen cai... my premiumum only went up $200, and my agreed value went to 28k
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

All i have to say is:

For green Slips: QBE

Just Cars: premiums are cheaper if you take out your policy through AAMI listing the only modification as alloy wheels.

Comment

Thanks plAythiNG that helped me a lot

What do you guys think is better Agreed Value or Market Value?

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                          All i have to say is:

For green Slips: QBE

Just Cars: premiums are cheaper if you take out your policy through AAMI listing the only modification as alloy wheels.
                          I know of people that do the above kind of thing, and I don't understand why they do it (Get insurance and state that they only have one mod... when they clearly have other mods such as coilovers, exhaust etc). If you do have an accident and take it to the insurance valuer, they'll look at the car and say to you "That aftermarket exhaust and suspension isn’t listed on your policy, I’m sorry but your insurance policy is void as you didn't disclose this information to us".

So then you've basically payed how ever much money for insurance that doesn’t cover you. Would be a smarter idea to just have 3rd party, fire and theft.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                            I know of people that do the above kind of thing, and I don't understand why they do it (Get insurance and state that they only have one mod... when they clearly have other mods such as coilovers, exhaust etc). If you do have an accident and take it to the insurance valuer, they'll look at the car and say to you "That aftermarket exhaust and suspension isn’t listed on your policy, I’m sorry but your insurance policy is void as you didn't disclose this information to us".

So then you've basically payed how ever much money for insurance that doesn’t cover you. Would be a smarter idea to just have 3rd party, fire and theft.
                            So true, so basically after a couple days, i had rang the insurance company and had it all set up! so much of a waste of moeny apying for full comp, and not listing what you have on the car lol... also surprsingly.. AAMI didnt give a fcuk if i lost my licence or not for speeding, it wasnt taken into consideration.. also i do have maximum NCB of 70% for life also with aami, maybe that was why?
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post

Simply tell them you just got the work done not to long ago, besides the addition of those modifications were not a direct factor in the accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X