Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for clutch change mechanic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for clutch change mechanic?

So I'll be changing my clutch soon since I've had problems with it ever since I've had my car.

I'm wondering if you guys can let me know of any places that have done a good job for you in the Melbourne area and the sort of price range I'll be expecting to pay for this job. I'll also be changing the flywheel while I'm at it.

Is it at all recommended to DIY this for someone with very basic mechanical know how? (I guess the most complicated thing I've done so far was changing my own engine mounts).

Thanks!

what area r u in???
    my sale thread 21.01.12
    CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Caufield, so east.

Comment

yeah, im in the east caulfield area, but really, i just want to hear about peoples experiences and hear recommendations. i know its an expensive job so im not worried about driving a fair distance if there is good reason to!

Comment

i was gonna recommend my mates shop in altona, i have always taken my itr to him for anything it ever needed.............including clutch change, turbo instal, etc etc....

pm me if ur interested for details
          my sale thread 21.01.12
          CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

how many KM's did you get out of your current clutch?

Comment

umm, it was an ORC single plate and was in the car for 15,000km;s and still like new, i dont know how long it would have lasted cause some mother fuker decided to steal my car......

i would say it would have lasted at least another 25,000km's including some drag racing days...
              my sale thread 21.01.12
              CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

WHAT? clutch only lasts 30-40 thou kms?!!!!!!

Comment

Guess it depends how you drive it and what type of clutch it is....

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by justinfox
                  You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X