Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement Honda Keys (but not from Honda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Honda Keys (but not from Honda)

Had a quick search but couldn't find too much info about where I would be able to get a replacement key for an integra type s. Unsure if it still uses the old red + black key idea but in any case I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a replacement key from a locksmith or something along those lines.

I have read around about Honda replacements and they're about $140. Let me know if you guys and girls have found it cheaper from Honda?

Price and name would be awesome!

Cheers
    DC5S

Im pretty sure you gotta get it programed which costs even more.

Comment

$140 is cheap. Does that include coding? VW keys are $400 by comparison.

Comment

thanks for the quick replies guys.

found this on OH:
        http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18462

Looks like it would cost more like $190 from Honda and that was a few years back. They also mention some of the locksmiths that can do the keys but I'm unsure whether they'll be able to do newer models such as the DC5S.

Anyone in Sydney got a replacement key from Honda or other for the type S ?
        DC5S

Comment

not sure if this helps, but mister minit can cut and program a key, just from having the standard black driving key.

this was on an ej8 coupe with immobiliser. ask them.

Comment

honda quoted 70 for blank key and 150 to reprogramme it , need the car for about an hour , for a dc2r

Comment

got my dc2r spare done for $30 lol. $20 for the key off ebay $10 for the cut and thanks to my mates at honda the programming worth $50 free.
              Now with honda keys only Honda can program them. But if you buy a non genuine honda key from a locksmith they can program it for you

Comment

thanks for the tip ! bought a transponder key for 21 bucks on ebay see how it goes !

Comment

I lost my girlfriends Yaris key+immobiliser (keyless entry), can a locksmith program this?

Toyota quoted $300.

Comment

Originally posted by KEVSY View Post
                    thanks for the tip ! bought a transponder key for 21 bucks on ebay see how it goes !
                    is it a honda one? if so you have to get it cut first then take it to honda along with your red key so they can make the ecu accept the new transponder key code

Comment

Originally posted by JORDS View Post
                      I lost my girlfriends Yaris key+immobiliser (keyless entry), can a locksmith program this?

Toyota quoted $300.
                      Not too sure tbh. Gives these places a call as I'm sure they'll be able to do it cheaper although if the Yaris key has the remote central locking on it, your only option may be a blank key from Toyota (or ebay if they sell them) and then it reprogrammed somewhere as these places can only do the keys without the buttons.

In Sydney: Robinson, Bensons, Mister Minit, Buffalo Lock and Key and theres also a bloke in Cabramatta that does them as well.

Originally posted by izy-20 View Post
                      is it a honda one? if so you have to get it cut first then take it to honda along with your red key so they can make the ecu accept the new transponder key code
                      There was a lot of talk about how useful that red key is on OH so have a read about what they have to say about it on that thread.
                      DC5S

Comment

OK, just to clear this up, I have a Honda Integra DC2 Type R 2000 model
                        I got an extra key (in RED) with the car, it does fit in the ignition, and turn, but wont start the car. Does it really have something inside it?? (doesnt fit the boot either)
                        Can it be programmed?

Cheers, Chris

Comment

mr minit should do it for around $80

Comment

Originally posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
                            OK, just to clear this up, I have a Honda Integra DC2 Type R 2000 model
                            I got an extra key (in RED) with the car, it does fit in the ignition, and turn, but wont start the car. Does it really have something inside it?? (doesnt fit the boot either)
                            Can it be programmed?

Cheers, Chris
                            Lol, don't try and start your car with that key again! Yes it does have something inside. I have my red key in its original packaging, never been open, ftw!...

Don't know how you guys lose your keys?! Epic fail...

If i'm going out for a night of hard drinking or something where I have the potential to lose stuff. I just put the keys I need on a key ring and loop it onto one of the belt things on my jeans.
                            Last edited by DC2R; 09-01-10, 06:50 AM.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

U didnt get a grey master eky in your log books dude?
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X