Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to mount Oil temp gauge in a dc2r?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to mount Oil temp gauge in a dc2r?

Hey,

Just wondering where everyone would mount/has mounted their oil temp gauge in a DC2R?

Do DC2R's have an optional apillar available like the s15's where it has a hole in it to accomodate for the gauge?

i.e.

Just hoping for a neat and non-dodgy looking way to mount the guage.

Thanks

u can get aftermarket ones made for dc2's like auto metre brand, trust etc, but becareful with cops might have a go at you for putting it there
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

This one would be ok if it came with only 1 hole and not 3..hehe

Comment

it is irreversable modification though...
        ... retired/

Comment

... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            haha - if only that was reversible..

This also seem ok..but not sure if they'll cover the water temp and petrol gauges on the oem cluster..

Comment

Originally posted by Justified View Post
              haha - if only that was reversible..

This also seem ok..but not sure if they'll cover the water temp and petrol gauges on the oem cluster..
              There's a photo of this somewhere in this forum using this, it's good. I am thinking of making the switch to this one as well.
              I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
                There's a photo of this somewhere in this forum using this, it's good. I am thinking of making the switch to this one as well.
                yea - its not too bad of a design..but that means i need two gauges..hehe.

i only wanted one..lol

Comment

Isn't there like a huge space under the centre console (where all the CD players, Air con controls) Just mount it there. Cops will have no issues and it's not that attention magnet. Even better, get a Defi Link. (the one that display the reading on your windscreen)
                  For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

mmm

Comment

see how my option is less intrusive?

if you can get 2in gauges it will be closer to OK, i am using 2 1/16in gauges...

so measure and check first - but 2in gauges are rare
                      ... retired/

Comment

Tony, I have that gauge holder that you're referring to...and it does cover up half of the fuel gauge and factory temp gauge...

It's got two Autometer Cobalt gauges in them...LOL you can have cheap if you want...

Comment

Working...
                        X