Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skunk2 or eibach?? springs for DC5R

hey guys,
    just writing up to ask ....ive been looking to get sum springs to lower my DC5R and was wondering which were better and stiffer? also how low does the skunk2 and eibach prokit drop?
    thanks alot guys.
    bawp bawp vtecc!

better and stiffer
    eibachs are good Skunks are pretty stiff

skunk2 and eibach prokit drop?
    skunk 2
    2 inch front
    2.25 inch rear (i think)

eibach
    1 inch front
    1.4 inch back
    Blaze Orange

Comment

i odnt have firsthand experience, but i been told if your going to lower your car. u might as well do it right first time and get a decent set of coilovers. I also jsut want to lower my dc5.... Hopefully this weekend, my N+ are isntalled and ready to go. At first, i was looking for a cheap tion (springs) to lower my car.. but also wanted better handling.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by bawpbawp View Post
        hey guys,
        just writing up to ask ....ive been looking to get sum springs to lower my DC5R and was wondering which were better and stiffer? also how low does the skunk2 and eibach prokit drop?
        thanks alot guys.
        I have SKUNK2 springs in my DC5S, the height is great.

he springs were nice and stiff for the first 2-3weeks, but gradually got weaker and am now after some aftermarket sport shocks to get a better ride out of them.

If i could go back, I would have bought coilovers straight up.

999 Automotive (Brisbane) can do K-sport coilovers for a pretty decent price.

Comment

Currently have Skunk 2 Springs also, Ride height is perfect with the 18's i got on atm (slightly covering the rears & i finger gap at the fronts) with no scrubbing whatsoever. the ride quality isnt that great but regardless what you do youll need to sacrifice some ride quality if your going to fit up something stiffer anyway.

Comment

i also rep Skunk2's
            im less than 1 finger at rear and just under 2 fingers front.
            It is a stiff ride but i think it's worth it.
            No body roll round corners.
            They are stiff but it feels good to be in control (sweeping right hand coners on a dead end road out in the country and i was pushing 160km/h round it and it just stuck to the road.) BTW i do not recommend speeding on public roads.

Hmmm Springs are a good temp solution for dropping your DC5 (cos stock height is too high) BUT i would later on save up and purchase a good set of coilovers.

Comment

hey guys. all the input is much appreciated. thanks heaps! im now leaning towards skunk2's...anyone experienced eibachs? just want to knoe how they are?...also anyone selling skunk2's here for dc5r??? im located in melbourne
              thanks guys
              bawp bawp vtecc!

Comment

i had eibachs

the ride is pretty firm doesnt bounce around as stock soaks up the potholes around town. Subtle drop and doesnt wear out ur shocks as much as skunks
                Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by bawpbawp View Post
                  hey guys. all the input is much appreciated. thanks heaps! im now leaning towards skunk2's...anyone experienced eibachs? just want to knoe how they are?...also anyone selling skunk2's here for dc5r??? im located in melbourne
                  thanks guys
                  Im planning on getting some coils depending weather i win big or not in melbourne this weekend (poker tournies/satelites/cash tables), if i do ill sell you my skunks for a good price + Shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony
                    If i win big im gonna pay a big black man to come slap You & make you his bitch!
                    you wont have to pay anyone..
                    i think if you won big he would just become your bitch LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X