Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consumer advice needed!

hi guys

i recently put a set of rims in to be painted. the painter told me it would take about 3/4 days to get it finished. i thought that was reasonable enough and agreed.

its been almost 2 weeks later. and everytime i call he says it might be finished today but will definately be finished the next day.

he's been constantly lying to me about the progress and have my doubts about how much hes actually done. called just before and said he was on the last wheel (saying that for the last few days).

pretty fed up at the moment, just wondering if i were to pick them up today regardless of their condition would i have to pay for the ones completed?

if by some miracle they are finished today, is he entitled to the full amount? if it were a few days late id understand but his constant bs and being 2 weeks late has annoyed me alot.

any help would be great. sorry for essay length post!
    "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Name & Shame I say, Which painter/Shop???

Comment

if mods say im allowed to then ill chuck it up.

thing is another member on here used them and had nothin but good things to say about them!
      "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

I'll go to his shop to see how much he done

and if it is done, ask him to lower the price since he took so long

i think thats only fair ??
        Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
          I'll go to his shop to see how much he done

and if it is done, ask him to lower the price since he took so long

i think thats only fair ??
          this is probably the most Female of ways.

I reckon Bring a Firestorm down on the Fkr!

Comment

Originally posted by aidannn View Post
            if by some miracle they are finished today, is he entitled to the full amount? if it were a few days late id understand but his constant bs and being 2 weeks late has annoyed me alot.
            entitled to teh full amount?

hmmmm, depends what it said in the contract?

was it a verbal contract?

"yeah mate, will take a few days and will cost $XX"

if he has not finished them - he is entitled to nothing.

if he has doen 2 of them he is entitled to 50% etc...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by aidannn View Post
              hi guys

i recently put a set of rims in to be painted. the painter told me it would take about 3/4 days to get it finished. i thought that was reasonable enough and agreed.

its been almost 2 weeks later. and everytime i call he says it might be finished today but will definately be finished the next day.

he's been constantly lying to me about the progress and have my doubts about how much hes actually done. called just before and said he was on the last wheel (saying that for the last few days).

pretty fed up at the moment, just wondering if i were to pick them up today regardless of their condition would i have to pay for the ones completed?

any help would be great. sorry for essay length post!
              man if i were u id just go in .... show them ur angry! like if they keep puttin it off thats really rude...just rock up and say whats the go ?

Comment

I agree with the KID..... for once.

Pressure and persistance!

Comment

yeh if theyre not done by today ill head out tomorrow morning and give them a piece of my mind.

ps. nope no contract, just ur usual i want this colour, how much , how long etc.

cheers for the advice!

Comment

finally theyre finished! never dealing with them again.

cheers guys

Comment

hows their workmanship ?
                      "Success is 99% Failure"
                      Soichiro Honda.
                      sigpic

Comment

i gotta say its pretty good

Comment

Working...
                        X