Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing washers on carbon fibre bonnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing washers on carbon fibre bonnet?

hey guys was wondering do you know where i can get the washers installed on my DC5 carbon fibre bonnet in sydney?

You mean to space up the bonnet or the water washers?

Washers spacing up bonnet:
    Someones backyard, any mechanic, just about anyone that can turn a bolt. Give it a go with a mate. CF bonnet is nice and light, so as long as your carefull you'll be fine.

Water washers:

Again any mechanic or handy man will be able to do this. Or if you have some small files you can do it too.
    Last edited by DLO01; 24-10-09, 08:46 AM.
    Deano.

Comment

whoops sorry i meant water washers

Comment

Ok cool. Well with the CF bonnet that I had. There were holes for the water washers, but they were to small for imediate fit (which is good). I just got some small files and filed it out to suit. Small round and square files. Just file and trial fit, till the fit is good.
        Deano.

Comment

ah ok yeah mine has no holes so it would need to be measure and drilled onto the bonnet and im not too confident doing it myself so was wondering which place would be good to take it to get it done

Comment

I'm sure any mechanic will do it for you.
            Deano.

Comment

Originally posted by DLO01 View Post
              I'm sure any mechanic will do it for you.
              i wouldnt be game enough...if i stuff it id be liable haha take it to a panel beatin shop they would do its surelly

Comment

you should be asking places that do composite which kind of drill bit ( the plastic is kinda softish and might stick, and the fiber is kinda brittle ) is best for drilling into your bonnet. i'm sure your mechanic will just get whatever drill bit he has in the drawer and start drilling away..

Comment

yeah thats what i was thinking.
                  so im just trying to get a place which someone has dealt with before and has done a good job.

Comment

anyone? any places? i asked some local panel beaters and they wouldnt do it.. hrmm

Comment

get a drill and do it yourself.

its easy
                      Blaze Orange

Comment

i would but i dont trust myself.
                        rather get someone with experience

Comment

whats going to happen? just practice on something else, and when you do drill the bonnet get a thin drill bit and start slowly.
                          Blaze Orange

Comment

use drill bits for glass/tile and see wat happens

Comment

put some masking tape or painters tape all over and around the area where your going to drill, then you can mark clearly on the tape where you want to drill your two holes and the tape will stop the bit running off. then get a brand new 1/8" bit and at a slow speed drill a pilot hole. then get a slightly larger bit and drill the hole again, if it is realy sharp to, try it with the drill in reverse first so it dosn't bite in to much to start with. keep the drill perpendicular to the surface, don't push to hard, and cross you fingers,
                              good luck and may the force be with you
                              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
                              X