Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mugen airbox vs gruppe M

ok ive been searching here and ozhonda but still cant find the answer to:

the comparison between Mugen airbox to Gruppe M for DC5R interms of performance, maintenance and installation difficulty. I know gruppe M's are simple to install but is mugen the same?

The results will influence which airbox im gonna get
    bansai! Ling Longs

mugen doesnt add much power unless you get the body kit.

Plus its made to work well with all the other mugen parts.

Gruppe M is good for performance.

Injen is best bang for buck.

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
      mugen doesnt add much power unless you get the body kit.

Plus its made to work well with all the other mugen parts.

Gruppe M is good for performance and bling.

Injen is best bang for buck.
      ^ as above.

and they should all be fairly easy to install.

Comment

what they said is so true... i just ordered a gruppe M from jay from Exposed.

Mugen is decent when u have the mugen bonnet, and i have been reading all the guys from UK they all using gruppe M and the sound coming from that is pretty amazing.

Comment

I have a Mugen, looks pretty cool, not as cool as a Gruppe obiously but still looks cool. Installition took me 20 mins, the only thing i dnt like is that theres about 15 bolts holding the 2 pieces together, so it can get annoying changing the filter around. it doesnt give a heavy induction sound which i prefer as apposed to the injen & can also be passed as a stock airbox which i also liked because it keeps po po off my back.

In regards to performance i didnt notice a big difference however there was a lil extra something there thats for sure, i thinks its up to you at the end of the day. their both overpriced if you ask me, i kinda regret not going for a custom aluminium box + perspex setup with the price you pay for these intakes.

Comment

hmm interesting inputs, how does the mugen airbox benefit from body kit >.> or was he joking.

i dont think ill get the mugen air box then. doesnt sound interesting. better save up more for gruppe M unless someone is selling 2nd hand and id buy it ><
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by R123 View Post
              Mugen is decent when u have the mugen bumper
              fixed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                hmm interesting inputs, how does the mugen airbox benefit from body kit >.> or was he joking.

i dont think ill get the mugen air box then. doesnt sound interesting. better save up more for gruppe M unless someone is selling 2nd hand and id buy it ><
                because they put a hole on the bumper to draw cold air in, which goes directly into the air box.

i personally bought a Fujita (similar to Injen but cheaper at the time) because i can't justifed spending over $1k for an intake which doesn't fit too well (ie. Gruppe M) and one that needs to get a new bumper (or grill as i have the EP3).

if i spend $1k, i expect perfect fitments. i am no doubt Gruppe M is top quality but the system for DC5/EP3 is not perfect imo. if i have an Accord Euro, i would no doubt getting the Gruppe M.
                Last edited by Philip Lee; 16-10-09, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Definately Gruppe M is the way to go on EP3's from my time on the UK forums.

I have a Mugen airbox on my EP3 with the Mugen grille. You get some reasonable gains, but not as much as the Gruppe M. Now I have Toda N2 cams, I think the Mugen is slighlty holding back the last few horse power, as guys in the UK with similar setups, but with Gruppe M, got slightly more power.

When I can justify spend over 1000 bucks on an induction kit, I'll be going Gruppe M
                  CTR EP3 NHB (UKDM) R-19652
                  K-Pro / Toda N2's / Quaife LSD

Comment

Comment

lols ok now i get it. makes more sense now that you guys explained it.

what did u mean not perfect fitment? rattles etc?
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                        what did u mean not perfect fitment? rattles etc?
                        yup and the intake hole at the bottom of the windscreen is messy.

i must say the Gruppe M guy did the best they could, unfortunately the layout/design on our cars made it a compromise.

Comment

im on the same boat aswelll!!!

however no mugen cause i dont have the kit

I'm not sure whether or not the 1k+ is worth getting a gruppeM or just spend half and get a injen.... like will i be getting the same performance?? any recommendations?? of who has a gruppeM ...

Comment

Originally posted by R123 View Post
                            what they said is so true... i just ordered a gruppe M from jay from Exposed.

Mugen is decent when u have the mugen bonnet, and i have been reading all the guys from UK they all using gruppe M and the sound coming from that is pretty amazing.
                            what does the sound from gruppeM sound like in comparision to stock airbox?? noticeable sounds difference?? what about performance..

btw. did it fit it on yourself... how long that take you??

Comment

I have a Mugen Intake and stock front bar. I noticed a gain when I put the box in. Its been there for 2 years now, and I haven't had any problems with it.

I have read many threads on owners of Gruppe M intakes having problems with rattles, and the top air scoop not fitting right (But this isn't all), so it seems like a luck of the draw if it fits or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X