how loud is my DC2R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how loud is my DC2R?

I'm wondering how many dB you guys would estimate my DC2R would be with it's light mods.

I've got an AEM Cold Air Intake and Spoon N1 exhaust.

Stock cat/headers/everything else

When I first stuck on the Spoon N1, the booming noise (low frequency) was beyond what I could handle - and I stuck the silencer on the back of it. That cured the boom pretty good.

..7 years later - I have not taken it out since

Just wonderful how many dB this setup would be.

The noise mostly comes from that AEM CAI, rather than the exhaust.

In case you're wondering why.. lol

I'm currently shopping for an exhaust for my new Elise, and the three available exhausts are 94dB, 102dB and 104dB respectively. And I have no way of relating how loud these figures are - so i'm wanting to compare them with my DC2R, because I know how loud that is to my own ears.

I want something about as loud as my DC2R, no more no less

94 db is legal loudness 102 loud 104 louder lol go hard out with the 104db one dude

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
      94 db is legal loudness 102 loud 104 louder lol go hard out with the 104db one dude
      Any idea how loud my DC2R is?

I dunno, i'm leaning towards 94dB because well, it's a shitty 1ZZ engine - not a B18C

With the Honda, you want to open her up as much as possible - she sings beautifully.

But the Toyota powered Elise sounds shit by comparison - so opening her up ain't necessarily a good thing.

Don't worry - once my warranty expires I intend on getting a K20A conversion - now thats gonna rock

Comment

Just buy a K swapped Elise now. It'll be cheaper than a new one and someone has already done the hard work for you. Either that or look out for some used 111Rs. It's the Market for buying these kinds of cars right now.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Just buy a K swapped Elise now. It'll be cheaper than a new one and someone has already done the hard work for you. Either that or look out for some used 111Rs. It's the Market for buying these kinds of cars right now.
          My new S is barely 4 months old! I'm keeping her for the long haul

So i'm stuck with the 1ZZ unfortunately.

Comment

... so wait, you bought a Spoon N1 exhaust, only to have a silencer restricting the flow to less that a stock system :S

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
              i thought anything over 90 is illegal (ie just about every after market exhaut out there)?
              k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by Easton View Post
                My new S is barely 4 months old! I'm keeping her for the long haul

So i'm stuck with the 1ZZ unfortunately.
                It would be safe to estimate your exhaust DB level around mid to high 80's range.

Promise me you wont fit a silencer on your elise, you deserve a slap across the head if you do!

Comment

How loud is it compared to your stock exhaust Easton?

Stock exhaust is just under legal limit (90dB). Every 10dB, it is twice as loud.
                  CARSFORHOPE

Comment

every 3db is twice as loud technically

human perceives that an extra 10db is twice as loud though
                    k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                      every 3db is twice as loud technically

human perceives that an extra 10db is twice as loud though
                      3dB is twice the power but not twice the loudness. 10dB is twice the loudness.

check this link for clarification: http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/how...eloudness.html
                      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

from dat dere human ear its 10
                        k20A DC2R

Comment

Is your b-pipe stock or aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by F.O.B Squad View Post
                            Is your b-pipe stock or aftermarket?
                            stockerz

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
                              How loud is it compared to your stock exhaust Easton?

Stock exhaust is just under legal limit (90dB). Every 10dB, it is twice as loud.
                              MUCH louder than stock, at least twice as loud as stock. The silencer only cancels out some of the drone, not the engine - we all know what vtec sounds like with a loud cold air intake.

I miss vtec when driving the Elise

Oh well - no matter, exhaust has been ordered, shouldn't be long now

Comment

Working...
                              X