Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new type s ( in need of mod experiance )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new type s ( in need of mod experiance )

hello everyone,

i just recently purchased a type s... and i really want to do some modifications like my exhaust manifolds etc... i dont know a great deal or really nothing compare to many of you's and was seeking opinions on how i should go about doing these mods...

for an exhaust a mate who has dc2r recommends a Buddy Club Pro Spec 3 2.25" or 2.5" ?

and this for an cold air intake systems

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Fujita-Co...=p3286.c0.m14m

just wondering what are your opinions?

i want to notice and achieve
    - change pitch when hitting vtec
    - better response low - mid
    and isn't to loud or tinny

thank you..

For a street setup I believe the below mods are your best bet.

Budget Setup
    Injen CAI
    JDM Headers
    Fujitsubo Power Getter

Ballin Setup
    Gruppe M or J's Racing Intake
    TODA Headers
    J's Racing 60RS, Mugen Twin Loop or Amuse Titan exhaust

For more handling performance, add a set of tyres from Bridgestone or Yokohama Advan and some sway bars. I'm of the opinion coilovers are best left until after you have upgraded tyres and sway bars. Excessive lowering then leads you towards, camber arms and bolts, roll centre adjusters, inverted tie rods and so on so make sure you have deep pockets before you dump your DC5.

I'd rather have herpes than Buddy Club exhausts. Especially if you want something that won't wake the dead when you drive past a cemetary.
    Last edited by m0nty; 03-10-09, 01:48 PM.

Comment

cool i will defiantly consider your word of advice

yer cause considering lowering it 1" or 2" but what it doesn't stop there? what if handling wasn't my main concern... is that big no no

also what would the cost be of the basic setup? and the ballin setup just a rough guide so im aware of what costs would be involved

okay cool so i get the point that buddy club are shit lol

Comment

does anyone have an opinion on the xforce headers and varex muffler on the same car? does anyone have experience with either of these? thanx

Comment

yeah the fujita is nice, get it you wont regret it
          Blaze Orange

Comment

do you have fujita in your type s? cool

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
              For a street setup I believe the below mods are your best bet.

Budget Setup
              Injen CAI
              JDM Headers
              Fujitsubo Power Getter

Ballin Setup
              Gruppe M or J's Racing Intake
              TODA Headers
              J's Racing 60RS, Mugen Twin Loop or Amuse Titan exhaust

For more handling performance, add a set of tyres from Bridgestone or Yokohama Advan and some sway bars. I'm of the opinion coilovers are best left until after you have upgraded tyres and sway bars. Excessive lowering then leads you towards, camber arms and bolts, roll centre adjusters, inverted tie rods and so on so make sure you have deep pockets before you dump your DC5.

I'd rather have herpes than Buddy Club exhausts. Especially if you want something that won't wake the dead when you drive past a cemetary.
              I agree with this guy. Both setups will give a nice modified note to the engine without being ricey loud. I would use a Mugen exhaust manifold if you were baller though, to avoid having to mess around with getting a car welded into the Toda.

If you end up with the Amuse be sure to get the version with the resonator if you don't want it to be too loud. I have the non-resonated version and it is moderately loud and droney.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                I agree with this guy. Both setups will give a nice modified note to the engine without being ricey loud. I would use a Mugen exhaust manifold if you were baller though, to avoid having to mess around with getting a car welded into the Toda.

If you end up with the Amuse be sure to get the version with the resonator if you don't want it to be too loud. I have the non-resonated version and it is moderately loud and droney.
                cool! would you happen to know a rough price for the budget setup and the ballin one just so i can get a vague idea??

btw... with a amuse what inch would you recommend ?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh DC5s View Post
                  cool! would you happen to know a rough price for the budget setup and the ballin one just so i can get a vague idea??

Amuse only make 60mm exhausts for DC5s sadly .

I have 2/3 of m0nty's baller setup, the exhaust and the intake. I would budget at least 2.2k for the Amuse exhaust and $800 for the Gruppe M. Not sure how much a Toda exhaust manifold goes for these days, but a Mugen will be 2k+.

Comment

60mm for minor mods. 70mm for a better mod platform for the future, although some tuners have claimed the K20 works very well with a 70mm exhaust regardless of other mods. I haven't read up huge amounts on it. ChargeR would have more detailed input.

Comment

do you have fujita in your type s? cool
                      i got the injen, same sound produced with both of them
                      Blaze Orange

Comment

toda headers go for about 1.8k.....when I checked a few months back, but yeh best to pm toda or call them for update on price

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                          i got the injen, same sound produced with both of them
                          oh okay cool thanks for that

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                            toda headers go for about 1.8k.....when I checked a few months back, but yeh best to pm toda or call them for update on price
                            shit... no more wasting money time to save then haha thanks for that ill give them a ring to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by AbzMina View Post
                              does anyone have an opinion on the xforce headers and varex muffler on the same car? does anyone have experience with either of these? thanx
                              i have fujita cold air on my dc2r are it sounds great!! and as for the varex mufflers....they suck...sound way farty and restricted when closed...and i heard the motor in them eventually burns out from the heat

Comment

Working...
                              X