Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying a dc2 typeR what should i look out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying a dc2 typeR what should i look out for?

hi guys put a deposit on a type r which is interstate and will be picking it up tomorow, what are some things i should be watching out for in a dc2 type r when i take it for a test drive, any particular sounds, it also comes with racing headers, whale air intake, 2.5" echaust and high temp ingition leads, are these mods worthwhile, any feedback will be much appreciated

May want to do a quick search first before posting a question of this type, just to save yourself from getting flamed by everyone.

In any case, just a few threads that came up with a quick search. Should be able to find more with a thorough search

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ht=buying+dc2r
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ht=buying+dc2r
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=buying
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ghlight=buying

not all of the posts will answer your question but in general. a good service history, REVS check (depending what state you're in) as well as an independent vehicle inspection at an auto workshop or even a mobile vehicle inspection would be a good place to start.

haven't personally owned a dc2r so wouldn't have a clue about any particular noises so i'll leave that to the others. make sure you take it for a decent test drive either way.

in regards to the mods, they are basic bolt ons that are usually the first performance mods for most dc2r's. it does come down to the quality and condition of the mods however. any idea about the brands of the mods?
    DC5S

Comment

By the sounds of it, you have already committed to purchasing the car. So this thread is a bit misleading. It should be, I have just bought a DC2R, what are some things I should watch out for?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

thanks alot for that mate some good info there, and i havent bought it just a $50 deposit which i dont care if i lose if the car is not upto standard...

Comment

yeah they are
          J's racing headers,
          J's racing "whale" air intake,
          10mm hi temp ignition leeds,
          2.5"stainless exhaust,magnaflow muffler
          fingers crossed its in good nick...

Comment

also has 140xxx ks anything major needed to be changed by then, sorry about all the questions just excited bout geting a type r after no license for 1.5 years

Comment

^^you have a deadly name

so 4k for that then b20vtec?
              cheap fast car?
              k20A DC2R

Comment

seems like he just signed up to sell his car which is not accepted

Comment

Originally posted by izy-20 View Post
                  seems like he just signed up to sell his car which is not accepted
                  agreed, his post has nothing to do with what the OP asked as well

Originally posted by moeyR View Post
                  yeah they are
                  J's racing headers,
                  J's racing "whale" air intake,
                  10mm hi temp ignition leeds,
                  2.5"stainless exhaust,magnaflow muffler
                  fingers crossed its in good nick...
                  here's some info on the j's racing headers:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=3557

the j's racing intake acts as a short ram intake so i've heard it gives you more low down torque and response as the expense of losing some top end power, so it really depends what kind of performance you want. other intakes you may want to consider are injen and mugen

haven't had much experience with the magnaflow muffler but also have not heard anything negative about it. a lot of the members here will swear by the jap brand names such as spoon, mugen and fujitsubo so have a look at them

you probably won't get massive power differences by changing between different brands for i/h/e but just read up and find the ones that are more suitable to your needs
                  DC5S

Comment

also has 140xxx ks anything major needed to be changed by then, sorry about all the questions just excited bout geting a type r after no license for 1.5 years
                    1.5 years is a long ass time lol mind if i ask what it was for?

AND are you sure getting a car like a dc2r is good for you
                    it'll certainly get you into trouble lol
                    DC5S

Comment

ended up buying it one drive and i couldnt say no, everything was tight no rattles or anything, bloody amazing car, pulling a chase and yeah after 1.5 years you sort of learn your lesson

Comment

lol!! congrats on the buy, post up some piks

Comment

ended up buying it one drive and i couldnt say no, everything was tight no rattles or anything, bloody amazing car, pulling a chase and yeah after 1.5 years you sort of learn your lesson
                          congrats man! i only ever hear good things about dc2r's. sure you'll love it

pictures or ban !
                          DC5S

Comment

You shoulda put down a $1 deposit so if you didn't like it you coulda saved yourself $49...

Out of curiosity, you say you put $50 deposit down on an interstate car, May I ask how you actually paid the owner of the car the deposit???
                            Last edited by DC2R; 30-09-09, 04:45 AM.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

congrats....
                              but wtf is "pulling a chase"?
                              l
                              k20A DC2R

Comment

Working...
                              X