troubles fitting front plates for dc5s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

troubles fitting front plates for dc5s

I know this sounds stupid but i can fit the plates, the bracket is located underneath the "common" place, that is where the plastic grille is....

problem 1 is that the holes dont match up so ill probably have to go and punch new holes in my number plates

problem 2 is that to make the plate sit flush against the bracket ill have to hack the plastic grille as the bracket made of plastic is on an angle.....

can someone guide me here coz my rear plates where a breeze to fit....

here is a pic showing the number plates position it should be in:

http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/Pa...3&tabID=304744

cheers

From what i see. Most people who shift their number plates on a type S just use heavy duty cable ties.

Comment

if u want ur plate sitting there, most ppl doa diy job with some L brackets,,.. tehres a few on ozhonda thats done it. I was going to do the same thing, but am a bit scared to it's effect on air flow. So i jsut left it in its stock palce, hacked away the factory palstic crap. n it sits nice n clean at the front. It also acts as a protector from future soft touches from other people's tow bars.. as it'll toucehd the plate, and the thick black palstic before the factory bumper! Will get a pic in an hour or two!
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

yeh but on my bar there is no place on the actual bar, its actually underneath as shown, the mounting brackets looks full stock factory....

Comment

What do u mean on the actual bar? stock placement for the plate is that the palti bit connnects witha single drill hole in the center of the bumper, as well as those two angled holes nder the front bumper..... Heres some pics, showing how mine looks in its factory position.
          Attached Files
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            What do u mean on the actual bar? stock placement for the plate is that the palti bit connnects witha single drill hole in the center of the bumper, as well as those two angled holes nder the front bumper..... Heres some pics, showing how mine looks in its factory position.
            Not sure if IBBI's type-s has the hole on the front bar, not all type-s come with that pre-drilled hole.

You can get some L-brackets and a few nuts/bolts and mount it in the grill. The holes on the number plate will not line up so just make an extra one.
            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
            sigpic
            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

yeh my bar doesnt have the holes as your ones does, its clean smooth......someones bound to have similar setup to mine coz about 1 third of the type S on carsales have it like mine...

Comment

well where is it sitting when u first got ur car?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

it was unreg when i bought it....im going to honda today so ill ask them....if no luck ill post up an actual pic of it.....

Comment

Working...
                  X