Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen question!

Hi Guys,

looking to get an mugen cat back exhaust for my dc5r. Quick question, i think that i will have to change my catalyst to a jdm to fit. is this correct? after changing the catalyst do i have to change my headers aswell coz they wont fit on the JDM catalyst?

Thanks in advance!

No u dont have to.
    They all will fit just nice to the stock DC5R header as far as I know.
    - Project R -

Comment

so just the catalyst needs to be change to a JDM or aftermarket.

BTW thanks Vippy!

Comment

Originally posted by jaseDC5R View Post
        so just the catalyst needs to be change to a JDM or aftermarket.

BTW thanks Vippy!
        You do not need to change the header or the cat. It will bolt up fine to the OEM gear. It is as simple as bolt OEM catback off, bolt on Mugen twin loop.

If however you have obtained a Mugen N1 race exhaust then you will need a JDM market 4-2 manifold (OEM, Spoon, ETC.) and a different front sway bar.

Comment

ACTAULLY...

It dosn't bolt up perfectly to the AUDM headers/cat, as the cat on the AUDM and JDM is at a differant angle, and the Mugen twin-loop is designed for the JDM headers.

If you go to a decent exhuast shop they should be able to get it to fit using a flexi-pipe or something (Just make sure they don't hack up the Mugen catback).

Comment

It will blot on but like 45set mention the angle is not perfect.....the B pipe will hang a bit low but it won't hurt unless ur car is super low....and the jdm cat is a bit longer so the tip will hang nicely......unlike with audm header, cat set up...it will hang a bit toward the rear bar but it doesn't look too bad.....hope this help.....
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Thanks for the info....

While looking at the picture closely i have noticed that the b-pipe has a joint weld. Asked the guy if it has been cut before and he doesnt know. Please have a look at the pics:

Last edited by jaseDC5R; 17-09-09, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaseDC5R View Post
                fixed

Comment

thanks heaps Time.....couldnt figure out how to fix it!

Comment

looks normal to me..
                    - Project R -

Comment

twin loops for EP3. the mid pipe is the same as DC5 ones. also have the joints too.

Comment

Its normal...all mugen twinloop for DC5R is like that....for some reason they can't make the whole pipe...lol
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

????????

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                          ACTAULLY...

It dosn't bolt up perfectly to the AUDM headers/cat, as the cat on the AUDM and JDM is at a differant angle, and the Mugen twin-loop is designed for the JDM headers.

If you go to a decent exhuast shop they should be able to get it to fit using a flexi-pipe or something (Just make sure they don't hack up the Mugen catback).

im considering a Mugen twin-loop with TODA headers.... u saying that it won't fit or they might need a flexi-pipe... do you think that's a risk taking that they wont hack into the catback to make it fit???

opinion - should i get JDM headers? with Mugen twin-loop or Amuse titan exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh DC5s View Post
                            im considering a Mugen twin-loop with TODA headers.... u saying that it won't fit or they might need a flexi-pipe... do you think that's a risk taking that they wont hack into the catback to make it fit???

opinion - should i get JDM headers? with Mugen twin-loop or Amuse titan exhaust?
                            Toda header with mugen twinloop will fit perfect......there nth to worry about.....there are not many jdm headers to choose except you go no cat.....spoon and J's need jdm 2-1 section....and M&M is just a bit pricy......Mugen is good too but they ain't cheap too......

Mugen Twinloop is more heavy then Amuse but price are really different too.......just depends on what you after
                            Last edited by air23box; 03-10-09, 03:00 PM.
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

sweet... do u know roughly the price difference?

im thinking of spending around 3k .... what are the main differences between mugen twin-loop and amuse?? perhaps that will help me narrow it down... what have you got?

Comment

Working...
                              X