Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any original thinner DC2R windshields in Oz

Hi

I've got a free windscreen replacement option on my insurance policy and seeing as I've got a few chips I thought that I'd try and get the original fitment thin windscreen rather than the generic thicker one.

I was originally told that you could onlt get them from Honda Australia. When I went to Ringwood Honda spare parts they only had two windscreens on their system (green tint or blue tint) and are listed as the same type as fitted to the base GSi model.

The European parts list number for a windscreen 73111-ST7-Z00 doesn't show up on their system.

Seeing as this is "free" I'd really like to get the original windscreen. I know that I will never feel the difference. Does anyone know how to get an original screen in Australia, who makes them/imports them and what the price is?
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

go sydney auto dismantelers in greenachre. they are wrecking a few R's and have some windscreens..

no insurance policy will pay for an original honda windscreen over say sumthing from obrien glass because the cars near 10+years old.

Comment

Found one at Astoria Honda - the box was covered in a layer of dust all forgotten and alone.

Part number was 73111-ST7-Z10 (the part number listed in the European DC2R parts list was 73111-ST7-Z00).

Paid for by insurance company - yes it was expensive.
      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

This is what the previous owner off my dc2r did. apparently there wasn't much change after $1000.

Comment

sounds like you got the last one !! will the gsi windshield fit ?

Comment

Hi Kev

That’s why I posted up the part number. When I went chasing it using the Euro part number the spare parts guys couldn’t get a result. There may be one or two tucked away in dealers somewhere just waiting for someone to ask for the correct part number.

The Honda spare parts guys just have a standard windscreen listed in their system, they reckoned that it was a part that was common between GSi’s and Type R’s. Available in either a green or a blue tint.

If I was paying out of my own pocket I’d go for one through a windscreen place (O’Brian, Mr Windscreen, etc) rather than pay dealer prices for a standard part.
            Honda DC2R Integra

Comment

hey tim , just heard horror stories people trying to fit standard windscreens to type r's , trim around windscreen doesnt sit properly with standard windscreen. got one 'star' chip on passengers side might just get it repaired.

Comment

Working...
              X