Recaros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaros

ey guys ive attached a pic of the recaros installed in my DC2 i know there obviously not the standard ones but could someone tell me wat series they are and if there cheapos or whatever... Recaro small.jpg

lol shoullda bought the fd2r ones for sale atm for 1200! they would be dead set sexy

Comment

haha yeah but these came with my car :P man those fd2r civics are hot!

Comment

looks like the retail version of SR3 base model they sold on the aust market for $999, came in black, red or blue. Basically the same seat with cheaper looking and feeling fabric than the OE honda suede/cloth setup.

May be the prev owner got car broken into and recaros stolen and insurance replaced them with these.
        Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
          looks like the retail version of SR3 base model they sold on the aust market for $999, came in black, red or blue. Basically the same seat with cheaper looking and feeling fabric than the OE honda suede/cloth setup.

May be the prev owner got car broken into and recaros stolen and insurance replaced them with these.
          What he said... has been done before many a time.

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post

thats pretty dodgy how they wont give you a new set of the original...
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

personally id rather the ones i got over the stadard red stitched ones...they look a lil bland

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                personally id rather the ones i got over the stadard red stitched ones...they look a lil bland
                But they feel totally different to actually sit in....
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

feels cheaper and is cheaper =[
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

no offence but they look like replica seats you find in repco and autobarn lol

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                      thats pretty dodgy how they wont give you a new set of the original...
                      At $4k a pop from Honda I'd be getting myself a black Bride Gias before an SR2 from Honda.

Last edited by m0nty; 08-08-09, 05:31 PM.

Comment

funny that.... because they actually sell them at autobarnn...there better then saas seats but... at least there genuine recaros

Comment

good point monty. regardless, insurance firms not doing their job =[

be awesome if they ask you to pick a seat for the same value
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

It would seem a little weird that if you're insured for geniune recaros that they would replace them with these. It could be a number of factors, have you tried contacting the previous owner to ask?
                            http://onepointeight.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                              good point monty. regardless, insurance firms not doing their job =[

be awesome if they ask you to pick a seat for the same value
                              Originally posted by Shiri View Post
                              It would seem a little weird that if you're insured for geniune recaros that they would replace them with these. It could be a number of factors, have you tried contacting the previous owner to ask?
                              lol but then again is it really that weird that a insurance company didnt do what there suppose to?
                              Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
                              EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
                              Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

Working...
                              X