EK vs EG Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chi View Post
    Reasonw hy you havent noticed any diff is that your spoon tie bars were junk anyways.

You want a proper tie bar for the front get a 4 point H brace.
    yes it was junk. The L-shape bracket is such a weak point. The 3rd and the last time it hit the side stripe and totally wrecked the bracket beyond redemption.

I did consider (Megan) 4pt H brace. what worries me is, it sits so low, if i accidentally hit the side stripes again and that would upset the subframe geometry.
    Last edited by koldfire; 13-08-09, 04:14 PM.
    www.exe-crew.com

Comment

Leave it stock

I dont think those bars do anything but add more weight to the car
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
      STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

u need a strong front end for trackcars..seam weld ur chassis n ur bars will 'help'
        id go for eg, the engine mounting brackets n points r better than oz spec ek chassis..
        thats my opinion..
        Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
        EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
        Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

Go for EG!! I had k20 in Ek, with EKK1. there is so many limitation on it. the engine sitting to front, couldn't get aftermarket full size radiator, couldn't use RBC unless go for half size rad, couldn't use traction bar & .... unless you using Ekk2 but then need change erything to EG as well like subframe, Lca ......

so, i would say EG is better. n you dun had to cut ur bonnet for ps like i did :P

Comment

so engine bay space is a consideration Jesmine?

is the EG that much different?
            ... retired/

Comment

how much does eg chassis worth, and also ek?

like how much would you expect to pay for those now?
              '03 Integra DC5 Type R
              Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
              Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
              Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

yeah, engine space is a major concern. if not, there wouldn't be 2 different engine mount on EK where the second version EKK2 utilize the EG subframe to allow the engine sit far to the back.

gif a try on google for EK chassis with ekk1, ekk2 and EG chassis. have a look on the clearance of the intake manifold and you would be surprise of how much is the different

Comment

Johnny i thought you had an eg shell already? If you already got one just use that one. either way you still wont be disapointed with whichever chassis you use really. At the end of the day its all about having fun , and with both chassis you will achieve that. As for laptimes i thought in most people opinions is that the eg will be slightly quicker.

But who know i've never driven an Ek before i would like to try it sometime but all i know is im not disapointed with my eg.

Comment

Both are great chasis if set-up well. I've track an ek with a k24 and it was fine. Engine position was good with ekk2 mounts. If that car was set-up better, i can't see why it cant be quick like my track EG.
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                    X