dc2r drivers door lock sticking..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc2r drivers door lock sticking..

anyone else had or seen this issue, my drivers side door lock has starting to stick, and has issues locking when alarm/central locking is enabled. So i am needing to put key in and turn it manually....am thinking the solenoid maybe on its way out, any ideas on what i am up for to get it changed by an auto sparky?

yeah mate i got exact same prob on my DC2R man...ive tryed lubing everythin that is connected to it..its weird it only seems to stick when its cold weather or wet then all of a sudden it works for like a week then stuffs up again lol someone please help us both lol im startin to think the solinoid is on its way out also

Comment

You need to replace the locking actuators in your doors, they're quite cheap @ ~$25 each from Jaycar.

Comment

sweeeet thanks buddy

Comment

Originally posted by geeang View Post
          You need to replace the locking actuators in your doors,
          this is pretty easy DIY as well
          ... retired/

Comment

great news, but u did make me laugh...

quote: "replace the locking actuators in your doors" awesome

2nd quote: "this is pretty easy DIY as well " hahaha yeah sure....time to google.

Comment

u pull door trim off and its straight there bro lol

Comment

my skills go as far as spark plug cleaning/rep, the idea of doing something such as pulling the trim off only to find that i've done it wrong and need to buy a new one means i usually dont touch it...

its sad but true, just point me in the direction and let me drive... ;-)

Comment

lol go to Autobarn,Strathfield,CAE...anywhere that installs alarms and stuff like that im sure they will help ya out

Comment

Been having the same issue but passenger door.
                    The door does not lock itself when i use the keyless remote, the way i manage to lock my car is to lift the drivers side door - and the passenger will lock..

Can someone confirm whether replacing the actuator will work...

Comment

Got the same prob with mine hey.. It doesn't work most of the time, then has bouts of unlocking via the key fob;; Fkn sux having to unlock the door all the time with the key.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i just had to wd-40 the lock from the inside i.e. pull off the trim and spray it at the lock and now its perfect!

just look up team integra for a vid on taking off the trim
                        you can't fk it up
                        i dont think so anyawy =P depends how retarded u are

Comment

Yeah I might try and WD40 mine, I can hear it trying to actuate.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by justinfox
                          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

yeah thats what happened with mine
                            if it is hard to push by hand it is prob not the actuator but rather the actual lock is jamming up with crud making it hard to push and the actuator isn't powerful enough
                            after wd-40 the lock is really easy to slide. like if you can't slide it easily with ur pinky you should open it up.

Comment

I had this problem with my DC2R when I had it and it was fixed by changing the actuator.

Picked it up from Jaycar for pretty cheap. I also got a spare one too if anyone needs one as I've sold the car and I was originally gonna change my passenger side one but that didn't need replacing.
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Working...
                              X