Removing rear wing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing rear wing.

after a long and exhausting search for a mugen wing for the dc5, im considering just having no rear wing at all. So can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to fill in the holes left by the wing, and any places that do a good job filling it in?

I'm not sure about the honda's
    But most of my mate who take off their aftermarket wing usually just plug it with a tab.

Comment

You cannot gear rear wings 'filled in' because the bog will just crack and cave in.

You need to have it professionally welded, then shaved, then resprayed.

Comment

not sure if you have an R or S or whatever, but the DC5S has 8 different sized holes under its factory lip spoiler, when i took it off to put the type-R wing on it cost me $400 for a panel beater to weld the holes, and shave/respray the entire bootlid.

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
          not sure if you have an R or S or whatever, but the DC5S has 8 different sized holes under its factory lip spoiler, when i took it off to put the type-R wing on it cost me $400 for a panel beater to weld the holes, and shave/respray the entire bootlid.
          where did u get urs done?

Comment

Originally posted by obscur3 View Post
            after a long and exhausting search for a mugen wing for the dc5, im considering just having no rear wing at all. So can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to fill in the holes left by the wing, and any places that do a good job filling it in?
            what mugen wing u after? geniune or replica?
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
              what mugen wing u after? geniune or replica?
              haha and you call me a true businessman
              19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                $400? thats cheap as. i got quoted for $500 when i took my type-r wing off, and thats just for 4 holes. i ended up being cheap and just bought plugs from clark rubber for like 3 bux haha

Comment

Originally posted by iversonruls View Post
                  where did u get urs done?
                  Sampsons smash repairs in tamworth

Originally posted by illuzi0nz View Post
                  $400? thats cheap as. i got quoted for $500 when i took my type-r wing off, and thats just for 4 holes. i ended up being cheap and just bought plugs from clark rubber for like 3 bux haha

yeah it was real cheap, family friend owns the shop. did me a favour

Comment

$400 !!!! omg. just buy some rubber bungs bro.. lol

Comment

I payed $550 to have 2 holes patched up and my wing painted. Its not a Type R but I imagine the cost would be pretty similar
                      once they patch it up they respray the entire boot
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Originally posted by Dny View Post
                        I payed $550 to have 2 holes patched up and my wing painted. Its not a Type R but I imagine the cost would be pretty similar
                        WTF! why not just buy rubber bungs and spend the other $545 on some mods lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jooce View Post
                          maybe because he has enough mods? LOL
                          keep the stock holes as they are, because u might need them again!
                          - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                            maybe because he has enough mods? LOL
                            keep the stock holes as they are, because u might need them again!
                            enuff mods? .. no such thing

Comment

Originally posted by Dny View Post
                              yeah have to respray the whole bootlid

Originally posted by Jooce View Post
                              because some people like their cars looking clean lol

Comment

Working...
                              X