No announcement yet.

Buying an EP3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you get an import and the only problem you have with it is the missing the remote, I would think you are probably doing really well ;D

Good luck with the rest of the inspection hope its all goood! <3 ep3!

Comment

Hah, yeah I suppose youre right, Time. It's not like I'm buying a new car!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
        ^ As i said, just fit an alarm that has remote central locking.

depends if your car has factory immobiliser. if it does, you will have to buy a correct geninue Honda key and get it coded by Honda dealer. Cutting can be done by lock smith.
        ummm i thought all preface lift didnt come standard immobiliser and facelift did.
        ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Did the EP3 come with a Jack and tools in addition to spare wheel? or were those stripped for weight reasons? :P (or did YOU strip them for weight reasons?)

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
            ummm i thought all preface lift didnt come standard immobiliser and facelift did.
            that's what i thought too but as i dun have a pre FL i can't be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzee View Post
              Did the EP3 come with a Jack and tools in addition to spare wheel? or were those stripped for weight reasons? :P (or did YOU strip them for weight reasons?)
              definitely has tools but not sure about jack.

Comment

Update:

Test drove the car today, feels good, similar to the other EP3 I drove. OEM HID's are put in, Mongoose M60 alarm is installed (will later check if it was the S or G model) and got 4x 215/45 R17 Bridgestone RE001's fitted and balanced for $230 a corner.

I was actually looking at the Kumho KU36 (Ecsta XS) for 600ish fitted, but I feel that the RE001's would probably give me better wet weather performance, in addition to longer lasting life.

What really made the deal sweeter for me was the dealer I'm buying the car from is giving me $320 back for those poor tires that were switched onto the car beforehand (Strata Zeno UHP, yeah I don't think anyone would have heard of them, neither had I). So basically I'm paying 600 for the RE001's, a good deal me thinks.

So yeah, all in all, very nice. Paid off half the car, will do the other half tomorrow or Friday hopefully. (Still waiting on a transfer from another bank). Exciting stuff!

Comment

Working...
                X