Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inverted Tie Rod Ends or Bolts

Hi Folks:

Do I really need it if I just drop my car 1" to 1.5". I know it definitely give some positive effect for the handling if I put them on the car, but any idea where can just get the tie rod ends or bolts (no rods).
    I contract with 1 of CRSX member which he has the bolt for sale, $145USD is reasonable price? or you guys can give some suggestion?

Thanks

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
    Hi Folks:

Do I really need it if I just drop my car 1" to 1.5". I know it definitely give some positive effect for the handling if I put them on the car, but any idea where can just get the tie rod ends or bolts (no rods).
    I contract with 1 of CRSX member which he has the bolt for sale, $145USD is reasonable price? or you guys can give some suggestion?

Thanks
    If you are only lowering your car slightly then you may not wish to use inverted tie rod ends. If you must correct the angle of your tie rods then use the steering bracket sold by Akom/0857 of Clubrsx. The install is harder but the result is better in my opinion. This allows you to avoid using noisy bare heim joints in your steering as these joints will never be as reliable as the OEM tie rod ends.

These are some of the options you have for aftermarket steering tie rods and ends:

0857 from Clubrsx

Heim jointed inverted tie rod end. See HERE for more information. Shorter than stock tie rod ends to allow better toe adjustment with significant negative camber. The only issue with these ends is that it is not possible to use a cotter pin like the OEM ends, the ends must have either thread locker applied or two nuts used to ensure they do not come off. Also sells steering bracket to correct arm angle.

T1R

Similar design to 0857s ends. I have read of some failures but I can't find the original post. Probably not worth the premium over the 0857 ends.

Top Fuel
    Also similar to the 0857/Akom ends. No pics of these. Also probably not worth the premium over the 0857 ends.

J's Racing

A full replacement tie rod which allows more adjustment for toe at lowered ride heights with significant camber. I had a set and they broke. I have read of more than one other failure. Excercise caution. HERE is more information.

M and M Honda

Appears to be a modified OEM tie rod end with additional adjustment built in. If you are after a full replacement tie rod with more toe adjustment this would be my choice.

Comment

Thanks ChargeR

You already cover what i want to know, I think i will order form 0857 which has very good reputation in CRSX, I also found you guys order a batch of his production b4, obviously I miss the boat!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
        Thanks ChargeR

You already cover what i want to know, I think i will order form 0857 which has very good reputation in CRSX, I also found you guys order a batch of his production b4, obviously I miss the boat!

Cheers
        Are you after both steering bracket and inverted tierod ends?

I have a steering bracket lying around that was never installed if you are only after that part.
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post

I have a steering bracket lying around that was never installed if you are only after that part.
          So quick Daz. hahah

I smell bid war!

Comment

im interested hahha

Comment

Originally posted by iversonruls View Post
              im interested hahha
              I will let the TS have first dibs as I offered it to him first. You can be next in line if he doesn't want it
              Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
              "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
              sigpic
              itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
              send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

just ordered mine from CRSX 0857 this afternoon, but after I paid for the tie rod end and bracket, 0857 told me that I don't need the bracket if I just drop my car 1.5".
                If you need drop over 2.5", then u may need 1.
                Therefore I requested send me 1 more set of inverted tie rod end instead of the bracket. (seems trouble to refund through Paypal)
                Ok, if any you guys need a inverted tie rod end, please pm me.

Comment

How much were these going for roughly? For some reason i cant get through to clubrsx atm. Will i need these if i'm installing BC N+ and planning a drop of around 1.5-2"?

Comment

bid warz, id be keen if its easy diy!

Comment

You may not need the inverted tie rod ends if you plan to drop such a small amount depending on what setup you go.

If you are using coilovers some coilover brands have a lower steering arm connection than other brands.

I know Buddy club and Ohlins have a lower connecting arm than Tein models.

When I had my Racing Spec dampers and lowered aprroximately 2-2.25" I only needed the inverted tie rods and not the bracket.

Where as when my friend used Tein Flex he had to use both the inverted tie roads and bracket in order to get the steering tie rods as linear as mine.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

So i will probably need at least the tie rod ends?

Comment

I hope you havent purchased the N+ yet because I beleive they dont have adjustable camber tops, so If you were looking at playing with camber you will encouter some issues.

I would recommend you install them first and then inspect it, if it is still not to your liking then get the inverted tie rod ends to resolve it,

They are not that tricky to install.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Cheers chi. I have already purchased the N+, and was looking at getting them installed this weekend...but then i read up on this. If camber needs to be played with i'll purchase some camber bolts...but i'm not worried about it at this stage. I guess the only consequence of not having the tie rod ends initially is bump steer. If it's excessive, they can be installed when desired.

Comment

always found this to be a little confusing. my teins already come with camber tops. ive also bought a set of camber bolts to attempt to achieve more negative camber. But after research on clubrsx alot of them have been unable to dial in enough negative camber if their cars are too low.

if this is the case with my car, would inverted tie rods be the only way to solve this or would i need another set of camber bolts?

im wanting to get around -2.5/3 camber while keeping toe at 0 (or closest to) also wanting to steer clear of tie rods if possible as it seems they are prone to failure.
                              "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

Working...
                              X